Fuse box problems

So I was attempting to add some LED lighting strips under the dash of my Journey and was trying to use the electrical connectors that fold over the prongs of the fuse so they can be inserted into the fuse slot along with the fuse itself (see attachment). Problem is in my attempts to push it into the slot I've now apparently spread the slots to wide where the fuse, when by itself, just falls out of its fuse slot. PLEASE tell me I can fix this easily. I hate jacking my baby up. If worst comes to worse I would consider taking it Dodge to have them fix, but you know they'd want an arm and a leg for it.

BTW:

1) What type of fuses are they?

2) Anyone know the fuse slot to use if I want the LEDS to come on when I open the door?

3) Last but not least, what's the best way to tap into the Journeys fuse box unobtrusively? Apparently my connector idea isn't it.

Thanks all.

post-6028-0-09199100-1379842433_thumb.jp

By under the dash do you mean where the accelerator/brake pedals are? and are you just using 2-wire led strips or do you have a kit (ex. led glow footwell light kit)?. easiest way to connect to the fuse would be by using an "add-a-circuit", google it for more info. i believe the '10 journey uses mini type fuse not sure about the '12, most likely the same.

By under the dash do you mean where the accelerator/brake pedals are? and are you just using 2-wire led strips or do you have a kit (ex. led glow footwell light kit)?. easiest way to connect to the fuse would be by using an "add-a-circuit", google it for more info. i believe the '10 journey uses mini type fuse not sure about the '12, most likely the same.

Under the dash meaning on the passenger side by the door. I have the add-a-circuit but it has two fuses. It didn't come with instructions. I get that one of the slots is for the original fuse, but what about the other? If I have two 10 amp fuses have I just put a 20 amp fuse in it? Also, per one of my questions, where should I tap into to get the effect of turning on the LED lights when I open my door?

Under the dash meaning on the passenger side by the door. I have the add-a-circuit but it has two fuses. It didn't come with instructions. I get that one of the slots is for the original fuse, but what about the other? If I have two 10 amp fuses have I just put a 20 amp fuse in it? Also, per one of my questions, where should I tap into to get the effect of turning on the LED lights when I open my door?

The 2 slots in the add a circuit are for 2 different fuses, so you have two 10amp fuses they dont add too 20amps, you've just added another 10amp fused circuit thats all. And for the door lights im not sure about which wire it is, you're going to have to check the wiring manual and look at which wires lead to the led lights and back to the main harness, also check where the connections are to the dimmer. Sorry i cant be more of help on that specific subject. Let me know if you have any other questions.