Replacement Tires

Windancer

Well I did the inevitable yesterday. I replaced the OEM 225/55/19 Kumho tires with 235/55/19 Michelin Latitude HP's on my 2010 Journey R/T AWD. These tires were bought at Costco. I know in the past numerous members of this forum have had problems or incidents at Costco so I don't want to diminish their thoughts. I can't say if it was the tires, the car or even the Costco. This is just one person's experience and opinion.

So far I only have maybe 60kms which isn't a lot I know, but I am very happy both with the tires and the Costco (Regina, SK.) Where's the wood to knock on?

I have had no clearance problems having turned the steering wheel from lock to lock. I took the car out on a very undulating piece of the highway and the tires never rubbed when I went over these undulations. After all this I returned to Costco to have the lug nuts hand retorqued. My TPS monitor light stayed on the entire time but they advised me the TPS has to "relearn" everything, but when I took my dog out in the country this morning it never came on so that is great.

The tires only had 40,000 kilometers on them, which dissappointed me somewhat. The new ones have a 90,000 km. warranty, but as someone who only averages 10-12,000 kms. per year, now splitting that over 2 cars, conceivably they could last me a long time. I was told that if I was putting winter tires on they would probably last another 10,000 kilometers but seeing as I have 2 cars and this one is mainly a winter vehicle they advised me that I should change the tires before all the snow flies.

They look great IMO the sidewall seemes a little more vertical than the Kumho's filling out the wheelwell a little more but not very noticeable when compared to the OEM tires. They seem like very nice tires, once again with only 60 kms. on them, it is really hard to make a statement on them, ride very nice.

If you have any questions just ask and I will try to answer them.

Terry

146733255.jpg152300918.jpg

Edited by Windancer