Journey was a Freebie

sc88

Hello All,

So the company I work for provides a company vehicle, and my choices were between a Toyota Camry and a Dodge Journey. Having just started a family the wise choice was the Journey. I stalled in placing my order with the fleet company and was finally told from the "higher ups" that I have no choice but to go ahead and order.

My reason for stalling was because my car that I do own is 06 330i, and they were paying my expenses on that. Can't blame a guy for trying, I love my bimmer! Anyways, so I finally got word that my factory ordered Journey was at the dealership ready and waiting. 2009 Journey SXT AWD Bright Silver with the dark interior.

I must say, I'm impressed. I thought it would be another domestic slush bucket, but it handles and drives not too bad. Granted, I'm spoiled in my bimmer. But I'm happy to say that I don't mind driving this baby around. My wife and I even named it "Freebie" since I don't spend a dime on anything. Had received authorization from the fleet company to get winter tires since the roads in Edmonton can get pretty crazy. A little disappointed that I'm in a minus size, but it was in stock and I'm too busy to wait for 3-4 months since Quebec initiated the mandatory winter tire law.

I'll probably troll this forum, but I'll post when I think I have something to add. I've already found a lot of good info!