found a "buckle" in my fender ... ???

sexyRTboi

While cleaning my R/T the other day, I was sitting while cleaning the rims up and noticed something. On the inside lip of the pass. side front fender Ive noticed what appears to be a buckle in the metal. Its at the top of the wheel well right infront of the bolt/pin that holds the fender to the vehicle. Doesn't appear to be damage, upon further inspection its totally painted, no chipping or peeling ... but its a very noticeable "bump" in the metal ... I have no idea how I've missed this in the 14 mths of owning her but its there.

I brought it up to my dealer while I was in for the windows to be replaced and he was much more alarmed than even I was .... his concern, which I never even thought of, its that water/salt can easily get into that bend and just sit there ... even through a usual carwash it wouldn't spray out that part so his worry was salt/water getting in there and causing premature rusting at that spot.

He's made a big note on my account for the bodyshop to check it all out the next time Im in for servicing ....

Anyone else notice anything like this?? -- I'll try to get a picture of it and post it to show exactly what Im talking about.

• 3 weeks later...