Child restraints

InOz

We are seriously looking at purchasing a 7 seat Journey. Just wondering if anyone has one with 2 child seats in the second row on the wider part of the seat? If you do is it still easy to flip down the single seat to get access to the 3rd row or does that child seat in the middle get in the way?

I'm in Australia and our seats must be tethered to the seat so they are basically stuck there so just moving the middle seat out of the way isn't an option, nor is having one in the 3rd row.

• 4 weeks later...
We are seriously looking at purchasing a 7 seat Journey. Just wondering if anyone has one with 2 child seats in the second row on the wider part of the seat? If you do is it still easy to flip down the single seat to get access to the 3rd row or does that child seat in the middle get in the way?

I'm in Australia and our seats must be tethered to the seat so they are basically stuck there so just moving the middle seat out of the way isn't an option, nor is having one in the 3rd row.

I just ordered an RT and I have three kids (one toddler and two twin infants). We are counting on the fact that all three child seats fit across the second row. I too am concerned that if we have to haul anyone else, then my eldest will go into the back. which means that we need to be able to access the back via the 60/40 split seat. As I worked out that the child seats only just fit, I would assume that the 60% portion of the second row would be too small to fit the two seats without any overlap. So I do not think it is going to be an easy fix.

Let me know if you find out anything - I havn't actually seen the vehcile yet (I am overseas) so I don't know what to expect.

I think you guys will have some difficulty with that. My situation is a little bit different: I don't have the third row, so my second row is a little different. With a booster seat on either side, it barely leaves room for us to fold down the center piece (with the cup holders), and slide our hand between it and the booster to fasten the seat belt. I can't imagine getting 3 infant/booster seats across. I think you would be hard pressed to find any new vehicle these days that could accomodate that situation.