Very happy with the handling of DJ in Crappy Canadian Weather.

Psyke

Hey folks,

Just a quick note; over the last couple of weeks we've been having numerous weather systems hit us, between light snow, freezing rain, mix of both, and today we're having our first all out snow storm with about 15cm (half a foot) of snow so far, and expecting another 15cm or so plus more freezing rain.

I have to say I'm very impressed with how the DJ handles in these weather types so far. I always feel in control of the car, and when I push it too far, it reigns me in with the traction control, but then again I haven' t had to rely on that too often as I do try to take it easy in this sort of weather. ABS, when needed, seems to work well, but my experience with it is limited as I've never owned a vehicle with ABS before. The noise is a little disconcerning, but I guess it at least tells me it's activating :). popping up to a higher gear to take hills at a dead stop produced minimal slipage so far, something I couldn't say with my caliber (both are running on all seasons).

The ride is still very comfortable despite the rougher conditions of the roads. The struts on the DJ haven't hardened yet in the cold weather that I've experienced with previous cars, and hoping that lasts, but we'll see once we start hitting the -30 to -40c weather (if we get that far this year.)

all in all I'm very happy with the DJ. Now I can't wait to just get mine back; I really didn't realize how well the ACC worked until it was gone. Currently have a very basic SXT with manual HVAC. Does the job, and the windows stay perfectly clear with no buildup, despite the very heavy snow fall, but having the switch back and forth between different settings is a pain and a distraction I never realy realized before.

cheers!

Steph S.

I have to say I'm very impressed with how the DJ handles in these weather types so far.

All things considered so am I. This is my third winter with this car and so far no problems at all. I know others have had some problems with the car and I sympathize with you.

The AWD works well and amid all the complaints of the 19" rims and Kumho tires. they seem to work well for me.

Terry

All things considered so am I. This is my third winter with this car and so far no problems at all. I know others have had some problems with the car and I sympathize with you.

The AWD works well and amid all the complaints of the 19" rims and Kumho tires. they seem to work well for me.

Terry

AWD is the key to a great winter drive experience ;)....had it in my CR-V and boy do I really miss that drive a lot. :( Although, my wife's SXT now does really well in the snow ever since we invested in a decent set of snow tires but with the factory Kumho's it was sliding all kinds.

Edited by Journey_SeXT