Journey Back at the Dealer - Again!

kwirges

Well, my Journey is at 7500 miles and I have been having it in the dealership a little too much lately. The first trip was for water which was pouring in from the rearview mirror area by my sunroof. It wasn't related to the original sunroof rapid response fix - it was due to debris blocking the tiny drain pipe used to drain the roof. A week later, I opened the sunroof to see that the air deflector was broken! A tab had been broken when they reinstalled it causing it to pop up when opened - back to the dealer again! Then...I got the card in the mail about the engine wiring harness recall...back to the dealer. Now, on Friday, I had my MIL (malfunction indicator light) come on on the highway. Car wouldn't shift, RPMs were ABOVE 4000 while going 30 mph! I sluggishly drove to the dealership again. He pulled the codes and showed a TON of codes for my MYGig radio which I had just updated via the update CD that came in the mail - very odd! He cleared the codes and the light went out, but a code popped back up for some sort of pressure switch thing. So...here it is Monday...and my car is sitting at the dealership to fix who-knows-what!

hmmmm...... "tiny drain pipe used to drain the roof" this is my first sunroof. I have heard the stories. my plan has been to, from time to time, clean area that roof slides into . which quadrant would the tiny drain pipe be in? any thoughts on routine sunroof maintenance,if any?

thanks again.

hmmmm...... "tiny drain pipe used to drain the roof" this is my first sunroof. I have heard the stories. my plan has been to, from time to time, clean area that roof slides into . which quadrant would the tiny drain pipe be in? any thoughts on routine sunroof maintenance,if any?

thanks again.

I am not sure of the location of the drain. I just know that the service tech told me that when he first looked at my car he did a water flow test and the flow rate was really slow. He said he blew compressed air into the drain line to clear it out and had some tiny rocks and other debris come out - after that, he said the problem was fixed. It's kind of scary to me that it could get clogged up that easily after only having it for a few months...and I don't even park under any large trees!

• 3 weeks later...
Well, my Journey is at 7500 miles and I have been having it in the dealership a little too much lately. The first trip was for water which was pouring in from the rearview mirror area by my sunroof. It wasn't related to the original sunroof rapid response fix - it was due to debris blocking the tiny drain pipe used to drain the roof. A week later, I opened the sunroof to see that the air deflector was broken! A tab had been broken when they reinstalled it causing it to pop up when opened - back to the dealer again! Then...I got the card in the mail about the engine wiring harness recall...back to the dealer. Now, on Friday, I had my MIL (malfunction indicator light) come on on the highway. Car wouldn't shift, RPMs were ABOVE 4000 while going 30 mph! I sluggishly drove to the dealership again. He pulled the codes and showed a TON of codes for my MYGig radio which I had just updated via the update CD that came in the mail - very odd! He cleared the codes and the light went out, but a code popped back up for some sort of pressure switch thing. So...here it is Monday...and my car is sitting at the dealership to fix who-knows-what!

Hi kwirges-

Just an FYI from my experience...the day after I bought my R/T, I was on the local Parkway cruising around 70 mph when that exact thing happened to me - my tranny wouldn't shift and the MIL light flashed on. I made it to work doing about 25 in a 55, and had it flatbedded out. Turns out, it was the input speed sensor. I don't know if they were able to fix yours yet, but if not - mention this. It certainly fixed mine!

Good luck-

Sharon

Hi kwirges-

Just an FYI from my experience...the day after I bought my R/T, I was on the local Parkway cruising around 70 mph when that exact thing happened to me - my tranny wouldn't shift and the MIL light flashed on. I made it to work doing about 25 in a 55, and had it flatbedded out. Turns out, it was the input speed sensor. I don't know if they were able to fix yours yet, but if not - mention this. It certainly fixed mine!

Good luck-

Sharon

Thanks for the info, Sharon! It ended up being some sort of switch that was stuck near the transmission (I am not a "car guy" so I can't remember exactly what it was). At any rate, they replaced the switch and things have been fine since!

Thanks.