Remote Start on a 2011 Journey Express

WmTasker

My girlfriend has a 2011 Journey Express and she wants a remote start on it. I have installed several remote starters on cars from the 90's but nothing in a while. Can someone please help point me in the right direction to find a few things:

1. Preferred aftermarket remote starter

2. Bypass mod

3. Any aftermaket wiring harness that might help

4. Wiring diagram/ harness locations

5. Instructions

Thanks for any help you can give me

Billy

I bought a Mopar remote start kit on eBay and had the dealer install it on my 2010. They charged me $200 to do it. I got a great deal on the kit itself, so I didn't mind paying that. By having the dealer install it (and since it's a genuine Mopar accessory), it is covered by the factory warranty. It is not possible to install it yourself since as Mcgusto82 mentioned, the dealer has to update the computer with the proper sales code in order to activate it.

Haven't seen anything else from any other forum member.

Either way.. Most well known brands are around 250$ for remote start and alarm set up. I think you can likely negotiate to 1 or 1/2 labor to flash it.

The serv rep told me (not sure how true, I haven't looked too far in it) that you can install it yourself, car will start from up close, but that's all you can do until you flash it.

I wouldn't want to go thru the trouble to find out, he was BS ing me though.

Give them a call.. Ask them b4 u buy the kit.