Heated Seat Strength

lytefall

Does anyone else find the seat bottom heater lacking in strength? The seat back heater works quite well in my opinion, but compared to past vehicles I have had the seat bottom heater is quite weak even on Hi. Or does Hi mean seat back only? Past vehicles I have had didn't have a intensity setting but you could choose either seat bottom heat or lumbar heat or both. Dealer says as far as they can tell it is working as per spec.

Personally I turn mine off shortly after they are turned on because I find they are a bit much; the wife loves it on her side and when I had my mom in the passenger seat, I turned it on without her knowing and she thought she was having hot flashes. I've never had heated seats before, but I think they are plenty hot.

I tend to think something is wrong with them then even though the dealer is saying they are fine. I know it's apples to oranges (kind of) but the heated seats on my Ram were great. Noticeable in a reasonable amount of time and sometimes too much. With these seats honestly within the first 5 mins after turning them on I can't tell if it's my own body heat warming the seats or the seat warmer. 5-10 minutes I can tell the difference but it is just noticible if your trying to note whether they are on or not. I would be willing to bet money that if I put the heat on and didn't tell my passenger they would probably say I had only turned the lumbar on and the seat bottom was just the natural warming of their body.

Back to the dealer for me! Hopefully these are the extent of the issues. Returning to the dealer twice in the first two weeks after getting delivery is not my idea of a good start with a new vehicle

Edited by lytefall