double tap to downshift

Psyke

Hi Folks,

Took the DJ through Gatineau park a couple of times this weekend, which has number of good steady climbs. Trying to keep a steady speed was sometimes hampered with the number of cyclist "sharing" the road (while most were great about it, there were a number of them I was sorely tempted to mow down). In any case, when I happened to hit a patch of cyclist which forced me to slow down, but the DJ didn't downshift when it should have, I tried double tapping the gas within the same average range I hold the pedal at under regular driving, instead of putting it to the floor, or switching to manual, to get it to down shift, and it worked pretty consistently. Has anyone else tried/noticed this?

Apart from that I really liked the handling of the DJ in hills. If it weren't for all the cyclist, I could have had a lot of fun :). Gas economy was pretty good too. even with all the climbing we did, gas mileage stayed under 11L/100Km. The engine just likes the open road, period.

cheers!

Steph S.