Dimming uconnect and cluster lights while engine is shutdown

Hi, I was at a drive in theatre the other night... I had shut down the vehicle but radio was still on. I tried to dim the light but i couldnt. The dimmer on the left side of the stairing didnt work also when engine was shutdown. When engine is running, the auto dimmer worked just fine.

I found the place (uconnect) where i could reset the lights while engine is running or shutdown but it didnt let me do any thing. The decrease and increase buttons on the screen were not selectable. How can i make this adjustment? I switched the headlight from auto to off position during this time also.

Thanks.

unfortunately I hit the same problem a couple of weeks ago. the only way is to turn the headlights to on, rather than auto or off, which obviously presents its own problems. I ended up just putting my hat over the gauges. My bigger problem was that the electrics would turn off after the set time, even when the car was in acc or in the run position (no engine start).