getting hidden hitch wiring inside to a harness - tips plz

frank b

Hi, got a hidden hitch installed a few weeks ago at the dealer. There is no harness for the 4 pin connector on the hidden hitch, so they left the wires/connector inside, in the cargo's storage compartiment, much to my dismay.

See, had I known I'd have to fiddle around to get the wiring through and not get a full install I would've installed the whole thing myself - :waiting:

Anyheeeew - I got an aftermarket harness from Reese that attaches to the tubing of the hitch structure and already had a few feets worth of wire loom to protect the wiring and what not.

Is there a very quick, efficient, clean way to get the wiring out of the cabin, underneath the truck ?

I'd ultimately like to have it cleanly run underneath the cargo area to the harness.

I haven't pulled the whole thing apart to see what I could do yet, I do expect (or hope) to find a plug that I could split and seal afterwards under there. Needs to be just big enough to let the 4 pin connnector through.

I'd like to have your views before I start pulling everything apart (you know, thus avoiding the "why didn't I think of that" situation ? )

Thanks !!!