2012 Dodge Journey Owner in Colorado Springs

jbrowning

Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey (the Value Package one) on Saturday and am loving it. I have owned 4 Dodge Ram 1500's for the last 20 years and the gas mileage was just killing me. So I thought I would go around and look at what Dodge had to offer that gave me better gas mileage and still room to get myself in and out of the vehicle. At noon I was looking and then by 7 p.m. I was driving it home. It is the stripped down model and that is fine. The only thing I really want to put on it is the fog lights. I will probably have that done by the end of the year. Well I took the Journey on a 300 drive yesterday and ended up getting 32 mpg, which if I was in the truck and did the same trip I would have been lucky to get 15 mpg. So I am very happy with it. It has the little 4 cylinder but that is good enough for me.

Thanks

Jim

welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you love your Journey like I do. I like the mileage as well. I am driving the V6. It is better than my last car.

Up in Canada mileage is important because on average gas is $4.76 a US gallon.