no rear bumper protection

DJAlan

Well, I just realized that the rear bumper has no real protection for loading/unloading items... Most other vehicles I have owned (like my Durango) have a black plastic 'plate' that is attached to the (painted) part of the bumper to protect the paint from getting scratched/ruined...

The Journey doesn't appear to have ANY protection for it though... Just the paint... Would be really great if there was an option for some kind of protector...

I use my Journey for work (I am a mobile DJ - you know, playing at weddings and such) and I will be loading things in and out all the time... I would hate to have to replace the ENTIRE BUMPER because I scratched up the back end... It would certainly lower the resale value... Nobody cares if those black plastic protectors is all screwed up, but they care about PAINT!

Dodge has options for the DOOR plates, but not for the REAR BUMPER... Sure hope someone comes out with one soon!!

I also have a concern that there are no body side molding strips to protect the doors from scratches and dings. I've always had these on all of my previous vehicles but I understand that there are none available for the Journey at this time. Maybe they will become available sometime in the near future. It's very surprising to me that this is not an option for the Journey.

• 2 months later...
You could always try having 3m film installed in this area. Most shops that deal in the film can custom

cut a piece for you. It is certainly something I am going to pursue.

I would think it would be difficult if not impossible to get the 3m film to conform to all the ridges in the bumper cover, and even the smallest void would collect dust and dirt and look horrible after a few weeks.

I would think you could take it to one of those spray-on bedliner dealers and have them mask off that portion of the bumper cover and spray and a nice non-skip step area.

If anyone tries either of these methods, please post and let us know how it works out.