Journey 2009 starter problem.

DeeTwoo

It all started with the window on the passenger side stopped working. Got an estimate on locating the problem and fixing it but it was far to expensive so I tought I could live with not being able to open/close that window. After a couple of months the car failed to start. Jumped the car and it started. A month passed and the car failed to start again, jumping the car did not work. Everything but the ignition worked fine on the car, strong headlights, radio, fan and so on. After approx 30 minutes the car finally started. Another month passed and the rest of the windows stopped working. A week later the problem with starting the car began with tighter interval. I started to search in forums and found that a lot of people is having the same problem. People tow their cars to the garage and change solenoids, keys, fix suspected cable connections and so on. But most of the time the problem stays and the cars fail to start with no obvious reason.

I found that this SAFETY RECALL K07 FRONT DOOR WIRING HARNESSES was not made on my car by checking my VIN on http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp . I contacted my local Doge dealer and they replaced the wiring harness and after that the car starts up fine and all windows are working.

So if you have problem with your car not starting randomly you might check that the wiring harness replacement has been done on your vehicle.

• Official Dodge Support

It all started with the window on the passenger side stopped working. Got an estimate on locating the problem and fixing it but it was far to expensive so I tought I could live with not being able to open/close that window. After a couple of months the car failed to start. Jumped the car and it started. A month passed and the car failed to start again, jumping the car did not work. Everything but the ignition worked fine on the car, strong headlights, radio, fan and so on. After approx 30 minutes the car finally started. Another month passed and the rest of the windows stopped working. A week later the problem with starting the car began with tighter interval. I started to search in forums and found that a lot of people is having the same problem. People tow their cars to the garage and change solenoids, keys, fix suspected cable connections and so on. But most of the time the problem stays and the cars fail to start with no obvious reason.

I found that this SAFETY RECALL K07 FRONT DOOR WIRING HARNESSES was not made on my car by checking my VIN on http://www.dodge.com...dodge/index.jsp . I contacted my local Doge dealer and they replaced the wiring harness and after that the car starts up fine and all windows are working.

So if you have problem with your car not starting randomly you might check that the wiring harness replacement has been done on your vehicle.

Dee,

Here is a copy of the K07 recall.

Safety Recall K07

Front Door Wiring Harnesses

2009 (JC) Dodge Journey

NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles built from November 01, 2007 through November 07, 2008 (MDH 110122 through 110723).

The front door wiring harnesses on about 65,000 of the above vehicles may fatigue and break. Broken wires could interrupt the circuits for the side impact sensor(s) located inside the front doors. This could resulting in the illumination of the airbag warning lamp and loss of side crash sensing capability.

The right and left front door wiring harnesses must be replaced.

• 2 months later...

i am having problems with my 09 journey starting but nothing with the windows not working. We put the key in and it turns and all accessories come on but we just here a click. it use to be just every once in awhile but today has been terrible. i thought it might just be a key but i guess i need to check on this first.

• Official Dodge Support

i am having problems with my 09 journey starting but nothing with the windows not working. We put the key in and it turns and all accessories come on but we just here a click. it use to be just every once in awhile but today has been terrible. i thought it might just be a key but i guess i need to check on this first.

Nathan,

Do you have the 2.4 motor? If so see the TSB below that may pertain to your issue.

NUMBER: 08-027-10

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: October 20, 2010

SUBJECT:

No Start No Crank Intermittently

OVERVIEW:

This Bulletin involves inspecting the terminals and if necessary replacing the connector for

the Starter Solenoid or only adding grease.

MODELS:

2009 - 2010 (JC) Journey

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 2.4L engine (Sales Code

ED3 or EDG).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

Intermittently the vehicle my not Crank (Turn Over). This may be caused by moisture in the

Starter Solenoid Connector.

• 3 months later...

Я Александр из России Мурманск. Проблемы связанная с запуском двигателя Dodge Journey 2.4 : 1.Окислении провода "+" подходящий на втягивающее реле стартера.2 Ослабления гайки крепления клеммы провода"+" подходящего к втягивающему реле стартера.3 Окисления провода идущего от втягивающего реле статарную обмотку стартера. Чтобы решить эти проблемы необходимо снять стартер с двигателя и провести техническое обслуживание.