Cold weather mileage

For my Canadian brothers with the 3.6 and AWD, how is your winter mileage so far? I've not been impressed. My on board mileage display is averaging between 18 and 19 L/100km. That converts to about 13 MPG. Not great at all.

I can feel your pain Powdered Toast Man. I have posted several times before about this very subject so please excuse the redundancy of this post. I own a 2010 R/T AWD with a 3.5 engine. I live about 360 miles west of you. I have commented before the mileage is no where near the average that Transport Canada gives this car. Sadly they don't live in the real world, that we all do.

I have kept track of my mileage since Day 1 with this car. I have driven just over 20,000 kilometers (12,000 miles) and during that time I have filled up 58 times (see my Fuelly logo below). During all those tankfulls I have averaged 15.9 liters per 100 kilometers, which is a little high but it does take in to account all the idling and warm up times during the cold winter months here. You can all check my fillups if you like by "clicking" on the logo below. I have got a low of 9.3l/100 kms. to a high of over 20. Unfortunately my mileage seems to be all over the map. :P

I have also mentioned that my EVIC seems to read .5 to .7 low during highway driving and more during city driving. This is how my car behaves, maybe yours is different.

Terry

In my case, I averaged about 9L/100 km during summer, fuel consumption jumped to 11L as soon as I put winter tires on, as now I'm at 13L. (I keep track of all the filling and mileage)

p.s. 2011 SXT FWD.

Edited by DMR

Not the greatest for me either........Does do well on the highyway IMO......I am just past 6000 KM so up until now.......I am not really getting up hopes up too high.....I will wait until spring/summer road trip to do more ratings..

Still better than the 5.3 avananche my wife drove around town.....LOL.....Caper........

I've just recently been told by someone who lives in the far North that Canadian gas stations switch to "winter gas" blend which has a higher ethanol content and more additives to prevent fuel line freezing and condensation in the tank. Apparently this leads to the poorer winter mileage we experience.

That would explain why I saw the same phenomenon with my former 06 Caravan. I didn't track mileage but I did reset the trip OD on every fill up. In the summer I'd get about 425-450 km on a tank (city) and then in the winter it would drop to about 375 km per fill.