I just got my new Journey SXT with the Safe and Sound package. My Sirius seems to be working fine now, but do I have to activate it? If it is already activated will I be getting the full year from when I purchased the car or when the dealer activated it. If I don't activate it will stop working after a while?

Skittles, the radio will be activated for the one year period, however, I called Sirius anyway because I wanted to know if they were getting the NHL games back this season.

She also took all my information to mail me a package, and to activate channels that are locked out. BTW they are expecting to get NHL channel back this season. (It went to XM radio last year)

All you need is the SSID from the display.

Rick.

Skittles, the radio will be activated for the one year period, however, I called Sirius anyway because I wanted to know if they were getting the NHL games back this season.

She also took all my information to mail me a package, and to activate channels that are locked out. BTW they are expecting to get NHL channel back this season. (It went to XM radio last year)

Rick.

Man i got the SXT AWD with Safe and Sound as well and it does not Say Sirrius on cter of screen was looking around for SSID where do I find it if i do indeed have the Sirius dealer is far away and not that helpful

Rick.

Rick, I didn't notice any locked out channels., but i didn't look too hard. I have had sirius for over 5 years in 2 different cars(the Journey is my wifes).

Man i got the SXT AWD with Safe and Sound as well and it does not Say Sirrius on cter of screen was looking around for SSID where do I find it if i do indeed have the Sirius dealer is far away and not that helpful

If you have Sirius satellite radio, bring up channel 0 and the ESN (electronic serial number) should be displayed on the screen. It should be 12 digits in length. Write down this number, then you might want to contact Sirius (866) 635-4070 and ask them what you should do if it wasn't activated when you took delivery of the vehicle. They may end up telling you to call your dealership. If that's the case, you'll need to give the dealership the ESN so that they can activate your radio.

The fun part is that during the activation process (which takes only a minute or two), your satellite radio needs to be on and tuned to channel 184, which should be the only channel that you can receive without a subscription. This isn't a problem if you're activating the service yourself, but if your dealership has to do it, then there's a little more coordination needed. You shouldn't have to take it in to get it activated, but again, the radio needs to be on when the activation signal is sent.

If your dealer did activate your 12 month subscription, you should be receiving a letter in the mail with your ESN, online username and password for use on www.sirius.com as well as a channel guide.

If you're still having problems, include the three letter code of your radio type in your next post. It is printed on the front of your radio, and should be something like REN, REU, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

When we picked up our Journey the Sirus was already working. The salesman told me NOT to call Sirius right away, to wait until the service shut off and then call and get my one year free activation. He said by doing it this way I could end up with quite a bit of free sirius radio before my year is even started. He said on average it takes 2-3 months for Sirius/Chrysler to catch up and knows of a few that got almost 6 months of free service before they had to call. I figure I will give it a shot, been 2 weeks now and still going strong