rear brakes

Well, apparently like most others on the web that have complaints about journeys, it is the brakes....rear brakes were right down to metal on metal so off to the dealership I go...Not the most mechanical person in the world but I do know that the fronts are the brakes doing the majority of the braking. At 36,000 km the fronts still have 40% wear left (which considering all the other posts I have read makes me one of the lucky ones) so why the backs??? Mechanic said the sliders have a tendency to rust badly and the pads end up being not able to move. I would have replaced the damn things myself if I hadn't thought that the culprit was either a caliper issue or a dragging emergency brake cable or some other warranty issue.

I went and talked to the salesperson and he just laughed and said that I "did well" to go this long with the oem brakes and that this was the number one complaint they have received. SO I thought, what the heck. Email chrysler customer assistance and see if they might pony up some money. NOt only did they NOT do that, they sent me a form letter that states that they can't forecast whether or not I will have an issue with premature brake problems in my 2010 journey r/t..... based on the forum posts, a deaf dumb and blind person could more or less accurately forecast that. Needless to say, I was not impressed. I figured at the very least I might get some kind of dialogue going with them. I have only ever owned chrysler products and my 2003 sx 2.0 that is ACKNOWLEDGED to have brake issues is only now going on to its 3rd set of brakes with 150000 plus on it. If this is in any way indicative of the customer service commitment of the new chrysler corporation they can forget about getting my business. PIty being as all I have ever owned is chrysler products.