Raising a 2009 Dodge Journey

YouthD

• 9 months later...

I've been considering this for some time now, but it appears there are no lift kits available for the Journey.

That doesn't mean there is NOTHING out there that would work, it just means it is not popular enough for any company to label a specific kit just for the Journey.

The best advice I can give you is to take it to a shop that specializes in 4wheeling/off-roading, and see if they can measure specs and whatnot and see if they can piece together a lift kit from various kits available on the market for other vehicles.

Unfortunately this is very time consuming and probably fairly expensive. And good luck getting anyone to take you seriously. This is not an off-roading vehicle. It's an SUV plopped onto a car platform. It isn't even a dedicated CUV like a Chevy Traverse or GMC Acadia with their own platform. It's literally a car with an SUV body. And a very poorly thought-out one at that, if you ask me.

If you do figure something out, please let us know... because I am sure there are a few of us around that have considered the idea. It would definitely be different... and in my opinion, if done RIGHT, could look very nice.