Changing tires...jack points?

humansoul

Hey DJF....just wondering if anyone has changes their tires by themselves with a jack stand and what jack points you used.

I've personally looked under the vehicle to determine the jack points and noticed underneath the front of the vehicle has a rubber puck looking thing. This appears to be bolted on to the body frame; but can't determine if this is an engine mount or an actual jack point we can use.

As for the rear of the Journey, I have a dual exhaust Journey, so I cannot seem to be able to use to cross beam on the rear, but instead, I have to use the connecting point of the control arm, where the cross beam meets it....I hope that makes sense.

Of course, I will be using axle stands for both the rear, but I just want to ensure I jack up the car at the right points. I observed this set up on a 2011 Dodge Journey Crew, I cannot comment on any previous years or models.

if anyone can assist, that would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I believe the rubber puck that you are referring to is in fact the motor mount. Unless it's changed for the Journey, I believe the jack points are on the metal panel that runs lengthwise along the Journey... Usually it's a few inches behind the front tire on each side, and a few inches infront on the back.

• 2 weeks later...