Problem with water in rear right door!!

silentdan

As far back as I can recall all car doors have bottom drain holes.

Possibly your outer window seal has failed and therefore the water

in the door.

Take the sticker off or move it to allow the door to drain as it should.

Yeah I did that but the problem is gonna be back whit the next rain again.Need to find out how the water is getting in so I can seal the hole.

So now something else is happening ...yesterday I was picking up my wife from work and as I drive down the road my radio just turned off and my turn signals and A/C went dead as well.

I originally thought maybe a fuse blew up or something but than when I got home I turned off and turned the car back on and everything came back to normal.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come knock on wood.

• 1 month later...

My 2010 Journey is having a problem on rainy days where the rear right door fills up inside with water and I have to peel a sticker on the bottom to drain.

I cant figure it out on how the water is getting inside.Anyone experienced anything like this and what was your solution?

noticed the same thing yesterday...closed the back driver's side door and it sloshed...not sure if the cold weather has anything to do with it...

noticed the same thing yesterday...closed the back driver's side door and it sloshed...not sure if the cold weather has anything to do with it...

If it rained than that is how you probably got the water in there or it could be melting snow.In my case we had some nasty rain that day and that is when i noticed the water in there.

• 7 months later...

I find this subject pretty amazing ---- I HAVE THE EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE!

back right door --> check

after rain storm --> check

temperature --- WARM (90+ degrees)...live in Florida

probably 1.5 to 2 gallons of water in the door....slowly dripped out holes on bottom

this water must get in through some kind of bad seal/design around the window

the way I park, wind/rain blows from the back of the vehicle ---- I now back into parking space (see if this affects water in door next storm)

Questions:

1. did anybody have their seals checked/replaced AND did it stop the water from getting in the door?

2. cost?

3. I'm worried about rust inside the door --- anybody experience this problem?

4. Even if water drains (as apparently designed)....wouldn't this cause rust inside door?