Got my 2012 CVP today!

ChrisPollard

Today I bid farewell to our trusty 2003 Sebring and said hello to our shiny new 2012 Journey CVP. 7 passenger in the Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat paint that looks absolutely amazing in the sun - or in the dark with a streetlight hitting it. Added the extended warranty, and a 30 month waiver on my insurance to get a full purchase price payout in the event of a write-off. Peace of mind is worth a few extra bucks a month.

My wife is a big fan of the Journey. Didn't see any other vehicle anywhere that she liked more. My almost 8 year old daughter just LOVES it, and so do I. Managed to get all the glass but the windshield RainX'd tonight, and put some Meguire's tire shine on the rubber. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough this weekend to get some wax on before winter. (And vacation in 11 days.)

It IS going back to the dealership tomorrow though. They didn't get the remote start installed before I took delivery. LOL I'm also going to ask about a flash update - I experienced the blasting radio on startup today. Shouldn't go from 22 to 9 with one tap of the volume control. I also talked my sales guy into throwing in a free Dodge hat ... black and beige, to match my interior. :)

Can't wait to hit the road in a couple of weeks to see how it is on the highways ... got about 1400km to our destination, and I drive it all in one day. Was never much of a problem comfort-wise in the Sebring, and I'm hoping the DJ is even better!

Well, it made it one night in the driveway ... tonight it sits in the dealership. I blame my wife and her unwavering desire to have a remote start in it. Apparently the Enter'N'Go on the 2012s is not like the 2011s ... and doesn't work with the same remote start they put in the '11s. Soooooooooooooooo they're waiting on some kind of bypass module to show up tomorrow - hopefully - so they can try it again. So stuck with a loaner Sebring until that gets squared away. And they're supposed to flash the radio while it's in to take care of that 'blasting on startup' problem a few others on here have mentioned. I never did like the last generation Sebrings ... and this one reminds me of so many reasons why. The loaded up leather new version makes my former '03 base LX feel positively luxurious!

There's always something, eh? Oh well ... the price you have to pay for shiny new tech I guess!

Hmmm - why do I think they're full of it . . . . I'd be willing to wager that there are absolutel;y no differences between the 11 and 12 models - perhaps they never installed a remote starter on a 2011?

I have the Installogy chart (used by remote starter and alarm installers) for the 2011 Journey . . . . I don;t see anything that seems so difficult . . . . . on the other hand, I wonder if they couldn't just enable the feature by using the star scan and giving you a new fob - after all, the factory remote start is just code in the BCM, though it may require a longer range receiver for the function.

They didn't think there were any differences either. But apparently the wiring is different behind the scenes. Anyway, it's an Autostart unit with 2-way communication. The fob has an LED and beep codes to tell you that whatever button you pressed, lock, unlock, or start, did it's job. Haven't tested the range in any serious way yet, but it worked from inside the office to the back parking lot today ... so I'll call that a win. Maybe get my wife to test it from inside the police station this weekend. If a bunch of brick walls aren't a good test, what is?

At any rate, it's installed, everything works, and we're a happy family. :D

Okay, the moral of the story is don't ever listen to the sales guy talk about anything related to service/mechanical. LOL

Got an unexpected call from the service department this afternoon, saying, "Your radio is in. When do you want that installed?" Notably confused, I said I wasn't aware a radio had been ordered. I thought that was done so the remote start could be put in. The service manager has a much firmer grasp on things. LOL It was a bypass module they needed for the remote start. They are replacing the radio to address the blaring volume on startup problem that many others on here have mentioned.

I thought they'd just do a software flash for it, but if they want to swap the whole unit, I'm not going to fight it. I also thought they had done that - because I haven't had the issue in the 400km or so since the remote start was installed last week.

Anyway, we're absolutely loving our DJ, and I can't wait to see how it is on vacation this weekend. About 1400km each way ... going to be time for an oil change by the time I get back!