New R/T FWD Delivery On Wed. June 4!

ON260

I ordered an AWD R/T on April 23 through my dealer in London ON - expected delivery date was early June. He was unable to get even a confirmation on when it would be built let alone a delivery date so I accepted essentially the same vehicle in FWD today. I'm disappointed that I won't get the vehicle I ordered but couldn't wait any longer as my miled-out Pacifica will need tires and maintenance by month's end if I keep it. Does anyone know why the AWD R/Ts are taking so long to deliver? Any explanation will be appreciated.

Thanks

ON260

I ordered an AWD R/T on April 23 through my dealer in London ON - expected delivery date was early June. He was unable to get even a confirmation on when it would be built let alone a delivery date so I accepted essentially the same vehicle in FWD today. I'm disappointed that I won't get the vehicle I ordered but couldn't wait any longer as my miled-out Pacifica will need tires and maintenance by month's end if I keep it. Does anyone know why the AWD R/Ts are taking so long to deliver? Any explanation will be appreciated.

Thanks

ON260

ON260 I ordered mine March 14th and it is still not here. My shipping date went from April 23rd to May 16th and now to June04th. My dealer says it is in D1 status and I know as of tonight, it is still not built (AWD SXT Loaded except smokers group) I do not think the June 04th shipping date will be met and I will get another shipping date.

Store manager (not sales manager or salesman) said it was the 3rd row seating was pushing the car back, AGAIN!!!!

please pardon me for saying :hysterical3: "Tired of waiting" :hysterical:

Rob

Thanks H-B-T. You're kidding - almost 3 months?? I'd be shopping for a different vehicle. It's strange that the 3rd seat is an issue with the AWDs when there's no shortage of same in FWD models. Anyway, I'm looking forward to mine and will post my comments after I drive it home.

ON260

That's odd - Down here in Pittsburgh, from what I am being told, everything that is easier to find is AWD and not FWD. There was a young lady looking for a FWD with V6 3rd Row Seat and Sun Roof and he could not find anything close to what she was looking for. I was looking for exactly what I got. My salesman did what is called a dealer locate, on what I was looking for (see my signature) and found one like I wanted. He also found 6-8 others with 1 or 2 additional options I didn't ask for, but they were on a print out for me to look at. I know they did have a White AWD with 3rd row seat and loaded as of last Thursday the 29th. My Journey was actually found in Bedford Ohio, which is about 125 mi. away from Pittsburgh. Have you asked your dealer to do a locate? I wonder what kind of hoops you would have to jump through to pull one from the states. I was going to order one and I am glad I didn't based on what I am hearing. It sounds as if they are being snagged up as they are made.

That's odd - Down here in Pittsburgh, from what I am being told, everything that is easier to find is AWD and not FWD. There was a young lady looking for a FWD with V6 3rd Row Seat and Sun Roof and he could not find anything close to what she was looking for. I was looking for exactly what I got. My salesman did what is called a dealer locate, on what I was looking for (see my signature) and found one like I wanted. He also found 6-8 others with 1 or 2 additional options I didn't ask for, but they were on a print out for me to look at. I know they did have a White AWD with 3rd row seat and loaded as of last Thursday the 29th. My Journey was actually found in Bedford Ohio, which is about 125 mi. away from Pittsburgh. Have you asked your dealer to do a locate? I wonder what kind of hoops you would have to jump through to pull one from the states. I was going to order one and I am glad I didn't based on what I am hearing. It sounds as if they are being snagged up as they are made.

Congrats on finding what you were looking for! My dealer did a search and there was one AWD R/T with my colour (silver steel) in all of Ontario. It had more options than I wanted though. It's not worth the trouble to import a vehicle from the US due to quirky Cdn. laws like daytime running lights. Also, Chrysler Canada doesn't honour the warranty and the prices are close enough to make importing unattractive (to me anyway).

ON260

Congrats on finding what you were looking for! My dealer did a search and there was one AWD R/T with my colour (silver steel) in all of Ontario. It had more options than I wanted though. It's not worth the trouble to import a vehicle from the US due to quirky Cdn. laws like daytime running lights. Also, Chrysler Canada doesn't honour the warranty and the prices are close enough to make importing unattractive (to me anyway).

ON260

Good Luck with your search! I did want Black, but I was willing to flex. The only colors the wife/boss did NOT want were the Inferno Red, Melbourne Green and Deep Water Blue, so anything else was acceptable to her. :slapfight: Once again I hope you find your ride - Take Care!

Well I've now driven my Journey for 5 days and am generally satisfied with the vehicle. Highlights include the exterior styling, auto headlights, rear air, satellite radio and storage. Negatives - the seats are not as comfortable as the Pacifica and the instrument cluster styling is much less attractive (reminds me of a K-car from the 1980s). I'm still ticked off that I couldn't get the AWD model I ordered, but will grow to accept this in due course. Also, I don't have the trailering option so does anyone have thoughts on pulling the rated 3500 lbs without the oil cooler? I'm looking at installing the hitch shortly so any comments will be appreciated.

ON260

found it...I'm on D still...how often does this stuff change? Any ideas on how long it takes from D to picking it up?

BB: Review by fleet department

BD: Special equipment processing

BE: Edit error

BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule

BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable

BX: Passed edit available for schedule

C: Sub firm

D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available

D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

E: Frame

F: Paint

G: Trim

I: Built not ok'd

J: Built ok'd

JB: Shipped to body vendor

JE: Emission check

JS: Shipped to storage

KZ: Released by plant , invoiced

KZL: Released - not shipped

KZM: First rail departure

KZN: First rail arrival

KZO: Delayed/recieved

KZOA: Plant holds

KZOB: Zone/distribution holds

KZOC: Carrier delays

KZOD: Carrier holds

KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle

KZOF: Show/test vehicle

KZOG: Damaged vehicle

KZOH: All other reasons

KZT: Second rail departure

KZU: Second rail arrival

KZX: Delivered to dealer

ZA: Canceled

found it...I'm on D still...how often does this stuff change? Any ideas on how long it takes from D to picking it up?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

from D to pick up at dealer. most everyone here is like 6-8 weeks from order to pick up but there are exceptions some are 3 weeks and then there is mine :hysterical: I was in "D" status April 7th

Rob

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/READ MY SIGNITURE\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

The timing depends on what they have on the line at the time of order. If they are working on SXT's then they are not going to stop and make an R/T. I have seen them reach D! status and we get it with in 4 weeks.

BB: Review by fleet department

BD: Special equipment processing

BE: Edit error

BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule

BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable

BX: Passed edit available for schedule

C: Sub firm

D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available

D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

E: Frame

F: Paint

G: Trim