Unlocking Doors and Hatch

I have a 2009 SXT. I would like to program all the doors, and the rear hatch, to unlock when I cut off the ignition. My Dodge dealer tells me it can't be done because I don't have the EVIC package. However, they also told me I couldn't get the Journey to not beep the horn once everytime I set the alarm. I was able to find instructions in the manual to make that modification. I am a salesman, usually traveling by myself. I find myself getting out of the vehicle, dropping my keys in my pocket, gathering my note pad and cell phone, then going to a back door or the hatch to get my gear. They're still locked, so I have to fish my keys back out of my pocket to press the unlock button. I know that sounds trivial, but doing it 8 to 10 times every day gets annoying. Especially if there is way to change it.

Hey there,

Here's what I found in the owners manual for the 2009 Journey:

Automatic Unlock Doors on Exit Programming

The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature can be

enabled or disabled as follows:

For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the

following steps:

1. Enter the vehicle and close all doors.

2. Place the key in the ignition switch.

3. Within 15 seconds, cycle the ignition switch between

LOCK and ON and then back to LOCK four times ending

up in the LOCK position. However, do not start the

engine.

4. Within 30 seconds, depress the power door unlock

switch to unlock the doors.

5. A single chime will indicate the completion of the

programming.

NOTE: If you do not hear the chime, it means that the

system did not enter the programming mode and you

will need to repeat the procedure.

6. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to

its previous setting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This may or not be related, but at my wits end. I have a key fob that works when it wants to. Some days press once, doors unlock. Other days nothing. You either have to hit the lock button first and then unlock.. Other days that doesn't work and you have to use the key, which sets off the alarm. So annoying.

Took it to the dealer, and of course they got it the day it worked properly and could not find a thing wrong when they did a diagnostic...if they even did a diagnostic

I am in an out of the vehicle countless times a day. Is there a battery that may be dying, or is there anything I can do myself to "reprogram". Short of running over it, I'm looking for any option that can be offered. Thanks