THULE Roof rack

This is just a heads up to those who have the 2011 Journeys...I know the roof racks are not included and only come with the side railings vs the 2010s and lower.

I managed to pick up a Thule set (TR4547FR) but found out after that the load bars were too short(47" are a inch short that does not allow you to put the end caps properly), although this model can be purchased through dealerships. Thule did manage to resolve the issue by sending me a pair of RB50 load bars which are 50 inches, instead of the 47 inches that were included in the package. If you look at the THULE fit guide books, they recommend the RB47 load bars; they fit near the back of the Journey, but will NOT fit the front.

The only downside is the fit of the 50" load bars is the clean look as the bars stick out now compared to shorter length.

Hope to have pics up soon with them on the top.

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a heads up to those who have the 2011 Journeys...I know the roof racks are not included and only come with the side railings vs the 2010s and lower.

I managed to pick up a Thule set (TR4547FR) but found out after that the load bars were too short(47" are a inch short that does not allow you to put the end caps properly), although this model can be purchased through dealerships. Thule did manage to resolve the issue by sending me a pair of RB50 load bars which are 50 inches, instead of the 47 inches that were included in the package. If you look at the THULE fit guide books, they recommend the RB47 load bars; they fit near the back of the Journey, but will NOT fit the front.

The only downside is the fit of the 50" load bars is the clean look as the bars stick out now compared to shorter length.

Hope to have pics up soon with them on the top.

How many inches on each side do the 50" bars stick out? My Thule complete crossroad 50" pack should arrive tomorrow. If my math is right about an inch on each side?

Edited by bamboo510

Sorry, only saw your reply now. I would say they stick out just over an inch, but not that long that it make it unsightly.

No problem dude, I installed them yesterday with the 38" fairing. The rear bar ends stick out a little more because the distance across the roof gets smaller the farther you go back, looks alright though. I think it's ugly when they stick out too far, but I guess people like the larger real estate up top.