When to engage autostick???

The answer is, whenever you feel like it. If you're at a stop, it will be in 1st gear when you pop over to autostick. If you're say, driving at highway speed, it will be in 6th when you pop into autostick. There are safeguards in place to keep you from doing anything that would harm the engine - for example, it won't let you keep slapping it down to 1st gear at highway speed.

I've found it useful on the highway when I want to pass. It's easier to manually kick the transmission down to 4th than standing on the gas pedal and waiting for the tranny to figure out what I'm trying to do. I also found it useful when climbing steeper hills. It's just like an older style automatic where you had "D, 3, 2, 1" - you could drop it down whenever you needed it. Autostick is just more fancy.

The answer is, whenever you feel like it. If you're at a stop, it will be in 1st gear when you pop over to autostick. If you're say, driving at highway speed, it will be in 6th when you pop into autostick. There are safeguards in place to keep you from doing anything that would harm the engine - for example, it won't let you keep slapping it down to 1st gear at highway speed.

I've found it useful on the highway when I want to pass. It's easier to manually kick the transmission down to 4th than standing on the gas pedal and waiting for the tranny to figure out what I'm trying to do. I also found it useful when climbing steeper hills. It's just like an older style automatic where you had "D, 3, 2, 1" - you could drop it down whenever you needed it. Autostick is just more fancy.

Thank you very much. :-)

One thing that I really like is when you shift from D into manual (and vise-versa), cruise stays engaged. Useful for hills.

Yes, this is very helpful on hills when you don't want your car to keep downshifting..I use mine quite a bit!