Just ordered a Journey SXT AWD

JourneyOwner1

My username is not technically correct. I'm not an owner, yet, but I ordered my Journey three weeks ago. I've been looking forward to delivery day.

I thought I'd pass along that Motorweek is going to feature the Dodge Journey in one of their shows. Find more information at the following address:Motorweek - Journey is the Car of the month

• 2 weeks later...

hey Journeyowner1 I too have just ordered the SXT AWD. complete load but the smoker's group (75 bones here in Canada) The wife did not want leather and I was after the heated seats. I have done A L O T of homework on this vehicle. Our order should be here in 4-6 weeks.

The only thing that has me woried is that I ordered with the Navigation unit so instead of an RER radio. I will be getting the REU radio The REU is the one with the joystick instead of the touch screen.

I brought the AWD out for a test drive and it felt very sporty in the corners. Steering was great but the 3.5 to me should have some more umph. It's not great but could be better.

I did not order the R/T as a $2000 touch for a couple extras was not worth it.

Great to be part of this fast growing forum.

Rob

My username is not technically correct. I'm not an owner, yet, but I ordered my Journey three weeks ago. I've been looking forward to delivery day.

I thought I'd pass along that Motorweek is going to feature the Dodge Journey in one of their shows. Find more information at the following address:Motorweek - Journey is the Car of the month

I have heated seats now, and there is no way I'd buy a car without them. I looked at the RT, too, but it just didn't seem worth it to me. I think it basically means you get chrome clad wheels. It seems like lot of money for shiny wheels I won't see unless I'm cleaning them. That's just me though.

Also, I won't buy another car without heated seats. The cloth seems pretty good for these. If it is as good as advertised, I think the cloth may be better for wear and dirt than the leather. I hope so. That's what I got in my SXT.

So, Thunder, be sure to post how you're getting along with your SXT. I'm a little concerned with the MyGig hard drive. My dealer told me that it was 30 Gb in the 2009's I hope so. 20 Gb seemed a little cramped with the nav system data , etc. along with my music collection. I'm not planning on carting around my CDs any longer. There should be absolutely no need.

I ordered this car for the fun factor. I once had a GMC Jimmy. It was inexpensive, and I had a blast with friends. I wasn't too worried about stains or door dings. It was very different with my '87 Pontiac Trans Am GTA with its gold diamond spoke wheels . I was so careful with it that it really wasn't as fun as it should have been. It was a beautiful car. I still pull out some pictures once in a while just to remember how much I liked that car. The Journey will be a vehicle I can drive to my brother's house, have the iceboxes filled and enjoy some guy time. That seems wierd to write given that this is such a family vehicle. Oh, well. It was nice to read your post. I hope you get your car soon. ETA on mine is April 10 give or take a few days, I guess. I ordered the dark blue. What color is yours, Thunder?

Hey buddy, I am checking the forum everyday for added members and replies,...cool

I ordered the lightsandstone. Well that is what the wife wanted. She wanted it to match our truck. I also heard that it is 30gig. That is another reason for the nav. a 20 gig and nav only leaves about 8 gig left. Now 8 gig may be lots to some but heck if you are ordering and able to get 30 that will leave about 18gig for storage.

I also have the chrome clad wheels as well. Like I mentioned above, everything I could get without the R/T and smokers group. I figure for resale if need be. I don't think we will ever part with the Journey as we keep our vehicles for a long time.

Ya, I like the idea for 12 pack with ice hehehe. Hmmmm lets see, 2 hours to the lake lot and a dozen just cooling for the end of the trip, ahhhhhhhhhhh.

I'll let you know as the order is progressing. I have a great friendship with the dealer so I am going to get as much "inside info" as possable. I have to call him today at 4 pm today and see if he has any additional info.

Rob

So, Thunder, be sure to post how you're getting along with your SXT. I'm a little concerned with the MyGig hard drive. My dealer told me that it was 30 Gb in the 2009's I hope so. 20 Gb seemed a little cramped with the nav system data , etc. along with my music collection. I'm not planning on carting around my CDs any longer. There should be absolutely no need.

here is what I could dig up on the MyGig It does have the 30gig not the 20gig :happy feet:

MyGIG Specifications and features:

GPS Navigation: (Models RER and REU only)

Hard drive (HDD) based navigation (data pre-loaded)

Flip-down motorized display

Full map & TBT display

Point-of-interest listing

Real time traffic updates via Sirius

Turn-by-turn route guidance

Voice activated destination input

2D & 3D Bird’s eye view of road

LCD Display:

6.5” TFT display (400 x 240 pixels)

Touchscreen LCD

Flip down Motorized Display

Enhanced graphics

Data File Transfer/Storage:

2007 models: 20 GB HDD for Nav, Photo, Music (7 GB available for storage)

2008-up models: 30 GB HDD for Nav, Photo, Music (17 GB available for storage)

USB 2.0 port interface

JPEG photo viewer

Customizable screen background using your own photos

Music file transfer

CD/DVD to HDD

Integrated Music Juke Box:

Supports Gracenote Music file management system

Ability to Rip and store music to HDD via CD or USB

Integrated Radio Receivers:

12 AM/12 FM station presets

12 satellite radio presets (when equipped)

Bass, treble, balance, fade control and mid-range

Bi-directional radio seek

CD changer controls

Dual base band satellite radio receiver (Sirius)

Dual FM tuner

Electronically tuned

Optimized AM tuner

World tuner support

Audio / Video Entertainment System:

Supports three simultaneous audio output sources

Supports two simultaneous video output sources

Displays video output on radio headunit display

Capability to play and control DVD audio/video from headunit or external DVD player

(Note: Certain state laws mandate that the Front Seat Video feature, on vehicles so equipped, be disengaged. See information below.)

Recorder for AM, FM, SIRIUS, DVD Drive, auxiliary input, and microphone

Single Compact Disc player:

Track seek and scan, forward and reverse

Display for elapsed time, track and disc disc selection

MP3/WMA capability — CDs containing MP3/WMA-encoded files can be played

Shock-resistant vibration-dampened mounting

Ignition-off disc ejection capability

Integrated Voice Dialogue System (SDS):

Command and control of Audio, navigation and Phone functions

Large vocabulary

Pop-up dialog display

Adaptive voice learning capability

Automatic phonetic transcription (G2P)

Seamless Voice Tree

Supports English, French, Spanish for U.S.

Other:

UConnect® communications system, integrated

Bluetooth connectivity

so there we go both RER and the REU (REU) is what I wanted have 30 Gig :dance: