2011 Journey R/T AWD

Canadian Paul

Hello all,

I just received a 2011 Journey R/T AWD a few days ago. I've been researching for a while for a suitable winter vehicle for a Canadian snowbelt area. I looked at CX-7's, Edge's, MKX's, Acadia's, Enclave's, XC70's and finally XC90's. They were either too small or too big. I saw a friend's Journey and started asking questions. Next thing I knew, I was test driving a 2009 Journey SXT with AWD. I kinda liked it, especially it's right size for me. I then see an ad for 2011 R/T's in the paper at a dealership in Mississauga. It was too good to be true; went down; test drove it with a no b.s. salesman and realized this was it and I pulled the trigger. I have not regretted my decision. Even though I am missing the 8.4 " screen because of what happened in Japan, the 4.3" for me is just fine. Cannot believe the changes to the interior, suspension and especially the new 3.6 engine. Now just gotta find suitable winter tires and I am ready for whatever is coming my way starting November!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Paul is you see any good tire deals... Please mention them... I would imagine they will be expensive... Also what size will fit the vehicle... I don't know if it would be the same but I drive a 2011 journey crew with fwd and have the 19" wheels on ...

Paul is you see any good tire deals... Please mention them... I would imagine they will be expensive... Also what size will fit the vehicle... I don't know if it would be the same but I drive a 2011 journey crew with fwd and have the 19" wheels on ...

Sal, I looked of all places on Kijiji. I stumbled onto a seller from North Bay who traded in his 2010 Journey R/T AWD. The snow tires were cluttering up his garage along with a set of WeatherTech floor liners. For both items, I paid about $750.00. The tires were 4 months old and are a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks DM V1's. If new the tires and rims alone would cost about $1500. I went to my local Chrysler dealer in search of winter tires. They put on 16" rims with a set of Michelin xIce 2 tires. I wasn't sure if they would clear the brakes and calipers. I went to an aftermarket tire and wheel retailer. He told me that 16's would clear the calipers but to be safe use 17" instead. There is a seller right now who has a set of rims and tires for sale on Kijiji. The aftermarket retailer told me that at this moment there are only 60 tires available for 19"s in Canada!!! As well, he told me that the bolt pattern on the rim is still new so manufacturers are trying to catch up. At the moment, 2008+ Grand Caravans/Town and Country have the same size. Those rims would work on a Journey. Look up wreckers if possible along with Craigslist and Kijiji. Good luck!!!

• 3 months later...

Sal, I looked of all places on Kijiji. I stumbled onto a seller from North Bay who traded in his 2010 Journey R/T AWD. The snow tires were cluttering up his garage along with a set of WeatherTech floor liners. For both items, I paid about $750.00. The tires were 4 months old and are a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks DM V1's. If new the tires and rims alone would cost about $1500. I went to my local Chrysler dealer in search of winter tires. They put on 16" rims with a set of Michelin xIce 2 tires. I wasn't sure if they would clear the brakes and calipers. I went to an aftermarket tire and wheel retailer. He told me that 16's would clear the calipers but to be safe use 17" instead. There is a seller right now who has a set of rims and tires for sale on Kijiji. The aftermarket retailer told me that at this moment there are only 60 tires available for 19"s in Canada!!! As well, he told me that the bolt pattern on the rim is still new so manufacturers are trying to catch up. At the moment, 2008+ Grand Caravans/Town and Country have the same size. Those rims would work on a Journey. Look up wreckers if possible along with Craigslist and Kijiji. Good luck!!!

got same truck and best winter tires i found are from costco: 225/65R17 Blizzak DMV1 with aluminum alloy MACPEC rims (they do not have 17' metal rims avail) which are just 20$ more each than metal ones. total is just over 1300 all-in with the 70 $ rebate.

got same truck and best winter tires i found are from costco: 225/65R17 Blizzak DMV1 with aluminum alloy MACPEC rims (they do not have 17' metal rims avail) which are just 20$ more each than metal ones. total is just over 1300 all-in with the 70 $ rebate.

Thanks for starting the discussion Paul. I'm also about to get an R/T. I'm saying about because there's a slight change I'll defect for a FLEX limited, slight. I'm still considering the pros and cons, the price and what nots.