13,000km review

drozz

Just about to hit the 13k mark on my Journey (3.6L Mango), and wanted to give a small update on my post from a few months back:

1) Fuel economy has gotten a lot better since my first road trip, sits around the 10.3L/100km most of the time as we do a lot of stop and go traffic driving in and out of Toronto each day. When i go for a long highway drive, I've had it down to a great 8.3L/100km!

2) I still find the time the Engine wants to shift gears to be odd to say the least. It's something I am more used to now, and most times i just gun it to get around the problem :) Getting onto the highway with the 3.6L is no issue at all

3) Had lots of issues with the 8.4 LCD panel and ipod playback, a lot of the features didn't work, and the ones that did, would stop after awhile. Thankfully to a post here, I was able to download and install a flash update myself which seems to (crosses fingers) corrected all the ipod issues I was having.

4) EVIC defaulting to MPH still happens even after the dealer said they did the flash upgrade, I have to go back in for another issue (more in a bit) so i will have them do it again.....

5) Bluetooth pairing has some issues from time to time. I'll get into the truck, and no matter what, my phone will not pair with the system (even though it is the favorite device and has worked fine before). I have to stop the car, turn it off and open the door, then close the door and start it up again then it will pair again, bit of a pain in the butt, thankfully doesn't happen all that often.

6) The major problem I am having right now is the breaks. Since about the 2k mark, our breaks have been making one hell of a noise. I've had it looked at twice by the dealer, and each time they say there is nothing wrong, could be dirt they say. As of today, its getting a lot worse, going back in tomorrow to have it looked at. It seems to be coming from the driver front wheel, that wheel is super hot after driving and has a lot more build up on the rim then the other wheels have.

7) We had problem at the start with our ABS, it would cut out, warning lights for it and traction control would come on. Had it looked at twice, finally they found that the seal around the ABS module wasn't there, no seal at all, so water and dirt got into the area and shorted it out. That was fixed and was never an issue again.

Thanks for the great post -- just arrived in Windsor this morning -- drove from Kingston this afternoon -- Journey was a dream!

I think there's definitely something up with the brakes -- everyone seems to be having noise issues at one point or another...I get terrible sounds after starting the vehicle when it's been off and braking a low speeds...god awful sound I'm going to record to the dealer who claims there's no issue! :)