newby with new wheels

Bradley

Well. I never thought I would ever own a Dodge,but I was so impressed with the Journey, that I now have one sitting in my driveway. A Dodge newby, and forum newby. Thats a lot for one day.

My previous car was a Buick Enclave, and I must say that the Journey can stand next to the Buick and hold its head high. I went over the car, and found the build quality to be extremely good. The door and hood seams were consistant, and the interior built quality was par with any high end car on the market. The ride is very confident, and quiet.

I bought the SXT model, with the heated mirrors,bluetooth,garage opener,and sattilite radio. The rims are the 19 inch silver painted, and they look really good with the silver paint. As part of the deal I also got high end Michelin snow tires on 17 inch rims. That should save the summer tires from the salt.

Looking forward to reading other members input,and hope it will increase the enjoyment of owning my first Dodge.

I'm also in Mississauga. What dealersip did you buy through? Just curious as I've been trying to get my dealership to throw in snow tires as well, but they don't seem to be budging all that much. I bought the 2011 RT back in March and looks like I should be getting it in the next few days.

I'm also in Mississauga. What dealersip did you buy through? Just curious as I've been trying to get my dealership to throw in snow tires as well, but they don't seem to be budging all that much. I bought the 2011 RT back in March and looks like I should be getting it in the next few days.

The snows were not free, but the total vehicle price almost made it seem like a freeby. snow tires with 17 inch rims are costly at first, but once you look at the long term cost it seems to me to be the smart way to go. It also keeps the salt off those expensive rims,which will keep them looking like new for many years.

Two days ownership and I must say this is home run for Dodge. Hope you enjoy it also.

Well. I never thought I would ever own a Dodge,but I was so impressed with the Journey, that I now have one sitting in my driveway. A Dodge newby, and forum newby. Thats a lot for one day.

My previous car was a Buick Enclave, and I must say that the Journey can stand next to the Buick and hold its head high. I went over the car, and found the build quality to be extremely good. The door and hood seams were consistant, and the interior built quality was par with any high end car on the market. The ride is very confident, and quiet.

I bought the SXT model, with the heated mirrors,bluetooth,garage opener,and sattilite radio. The rims are the 19 inch silver painted, and they look really good with the silver paint. As part of the deal I also got high end Michelin snow tires on 17 inch rims. That should save the summer tires from the salt.

Looking forward to reading other members input,and hope it will increase the enjoyment of owning my first Dodge.

Welcome!

I'm curious as to why you went from an Enclave to a Journey? My neighbour has a Traverse, so I know how big of a beast it is. They are a foot longer than the Journey.

How would you compare the Journey to the Enclave in terms of comfort, handling and power?

We bought the Enclave to pull a 22 ft. house trailer,and then one day my wife and daughter decided that they did not want to camp anymore. I am retired, but my wife still has to work for a few years,so we decided that one car is enough, so we got rid of the Enclave and the Malibu Maxx. The Journey seems to fit right in between the two cars.

As far as ride quality the Journey has the same sensation and feel as the Enclave. Take one for a test drive and you will notice the similarities. As far as power .the Journey seems a little stronger,with transmission shifting to be fairly smooth. The 2008 Enclave had major shifting problems, and was the most talked about problem on the forum.

Bottom line is that I think I got a lot of car for the money. there are not as many options( very few actually) but I do not mind adjusting my seat manually. The cloth seats are very nice, and that sun roof will not be missed. But the Bluetooth is a great feature, as is the touch screen,4.3 inch, and the best part is the push button start.

pics will be coming by sunday :camera:

So here it is Sunday, and I do not have any pics.:rant2: I downloaded pictures, and tried to attach them to the post, but the attached files were to large to be sent. Till I figure out what to do, there will be no pics.:unsure:

• 10 months later...