Since I can't just order the NAV option alone does anyone know if you could Buy the REU NAV option and install it alone? I don't need mygig or backup camera's. The RB1 on my Ram was like that. Just pop out the OEM unit and toss in the OEM RB1 NAV.

Hmmm since their is a remote screne does the NAV show up on this remote screne on the top portion of the dash or in the location on the RER/REU unit above the shifter?

STL, the remote screen is where the cubby hole/storage area is at the top center of the dash. The REU radio does not have a screen as it is also a 6 disc/DVD radio.

there is a place to order a radio on e-bay but the the radio is hooked up to the computer as well and it is not just a simple swap out. The Starscan tool has to be used in order to sync it to the vehicle. The updates have to be done the same way as well I do believe. Seems like a lot of messing around to get around ordering without the nav. Maybe cheaper to order with it rater that learn an expensive lesson down the road. Another idea is to use a hand held/portable Nav/GPS unit like a Tom Tom

Just my 3 cents worth

Rob

Thanks Rob. My biggest issue with aftermarket uints that are portable is no matter what if you stick them on the dash or the window they always block your line of site. Same thing with radar detectors. I just like the clean look of the OEM Apline unit.

The RER won't fit in the Journey due to a diffrant CAN BUS drive......................crap.

mrcd1 sells the stuff on ebay but the upper screne I guess is too new still.

The wife is going car shopping this week. So I'd say in the next 3-4 weeks we'll have a new SXT.

Odd's are we'll buy it. My wife drives my truck just fine without a backup camera so I'm possitive she can park someting 4 feet shorter in lengh and 2 feet lower in height. I'm just not willing to buy options we don't need when you can add them at a later date if you want them and not have to pay for them for the next 6 years.