Replacing Breaks After 18,000 miles

My 2009 Journey R/T has just over 18,000 miles on it and after driving back and forth to a dance recital for my daughter I heard this horrible grinding noise coming from my left front wheel. OK so I thought it might be my parking break stuck or an issue with my ABS system. Took it to the dealer today and found that I need breaks AND ROTORS all the way around. They are trying to charge me $900 for this. I was furious about it. But The point of this is to find out if anyone else had this same problem with their breaks at such low miles and had someone try to rake them over the coals. Any good input will be greatly appreciated!!!

My 2009 Journey R/T has just over 18,000 miles on it and after driving back and forth to a dance recital for my daughter I heard this horrible grinding noise coming from my left front wheel. OK so I thought it might be my parking break stuck or an issue with my ABS system. Took it to the dealer today and found that I need breaks AND ROTORS all the way around. They are trying to charge me $900 for this. I was furious about it. But The point of this is to find out if anyone else had this same problem with their breaks at such low miles and had someone try to rake them over the coals. Any good input will be greatly appreciated!!!

hi i have an '09 journey sxt V6, same problem breaks needed, but i have a friend thats a mechanic and did all pads and rotors so i saved $ dont buy parts at dealer way more money, i paid $240 for all pads and rotors front and back from an aftermarket dealer, not much you can do the breaks on journeys work great but they do go early but so do many on other new cars i have heard of from friends, parts are just cheap thease days, i bought the cheapest parts and they work great, guy said they were made in china ceramic pads, i could of paid more but the parts place said they were made in china also so i bought the cheapest like i said, its been almost a year and breaks are still great .