Uconnect Issue With iPod Touch (2nd Gen) (Sorting Issues)

Hi Forum,

My new company fleet vehicle came in not to long ago and this year I got a 2011 Dodge Journey R/T With the upgraded Alpine system, NAV (The bigger Screen) etc...

The vehicle itself is great, however one issue I am having is trying to sort through songs from my 2nd Gen iPod Touch 32GB (Current software version 4.2.1)

The issue is intermitent but more so then not, what will happen is I can sort through the songs, 1-7000 in alphabetical order, but can not do a search by artist, album etc, however sometimes in the middle of a song the browse button will come up and I can do a search, photo will come up for the album and everything then after a song or two the feature will go away.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on? or how I can remedy it? I have not tried calling dodge customer support just yet.

That is odd. I know that when you first plug your iPhone/iPod in, it takes an unusually long amount of time to index the songs (especially if you have 7000 songs!). I have about 500 songs on mine and it takes about 10 minutes before the browse button is responsive. After that, it is always available... Until I add or remove songs from my iPhone... Then it has to go through its indexing process again.