2011 R/T AWD

zurawski1

I have just taken delivery of my journey - red exterior with black leather interior. I love the vehicle but was surprised that there is no gas cover opener on the interior?! I have had several vehicle and all of them have a gas cover release. I find it odd that Dodge did not feel that it was not necessary especially with the price for gas. I have noticed online that I can purchase a locked cover for about $20. Has anyone bought this cover, does it work or is it not worth having? I would really appreciate other Journey owners opinions.

Edited by zurawski1

. Has anyone bought this cover, does it work or is it not worth having? I would really appreciate other Journey owners opinions.

I have a Mopar Locking gas cap and IMHO it works well. I bought it for my van and now use it on my Journey. To me it's worth it but that's my opinion.

Terry

I have just taken delivery of my journey - red exterior with black leather interior. I love the vehicle but was surprised that there is no gas cover opener on the interior?! I have had several vehicle and all of them have a gas cover release. I find it odd that Dodge did not feel that it was not necessary especially with the price for gas. I have noticed online that I can purchase a locked cover for about $20. Has anyone bought this cover, does it work or is it not worth having? I would really appreciate other Journey owners opinions.

If you're referring to the mopar locking gas cap - yes I bought one too and it works fine. Its just made of plastic but then again pretty much everything else is, right?!

Congrats on the Journey and welcome!