Demand a brake recall!

As an owner of the 2009 model you and I must demand that Chrysler enact a recall for the brakes and provide us with a PERMANENT solution to this problem as well as compensation for all brake related repairs (including deductible payments) already incurred. You MUST do these 3 things if you wish to see this resolved before we all end up with a car in constant need of repair, a car that will have no trade in or resale value, or worst of all, an injury to ourselves, our loved ones, or others involved in an accident that is caused by a brake system failure.

1. Call Chrysler at 18002479753 and register a complaint, document the date you called and have them provide you with what they call a Chrysler Complaint Number. File a seperate complaint for each time you have had repairs done and everytime going forward.

2. File a report with the NHTSA at safercar.gov - State your concerns about a brake failure and the possibility of injury or death. One or several us will probably need to die before they follow up on this but at least it will be documented, keep your NHTSA Complaint Number as well along with the date you made the complaint. File a seperate complaint for each time you have had repairs done and everytime going forward.

3. Contact a law firm that handles class action law suits for class members within your state. There already exists a suit for owners in NH and CA. All members need to be represented from all states.

I would not ask any of you to do this unless I have, it took less that a half hour to do all of this. Sooner or later the pile of complaints will become so large that they will be forced one way or another to resolve this problem.

Please do your part!!!

Dave

As an owner of the 2009 model you and I must demand that Chrysler enact a recall for the brakes and provide us with a PERMANENT solution to this problem as well as compensation for all brake related repairs (including deductible payments) already incurred. You MUST do these 3 things if you wish to see this resolved before we all end up with a car in constant need of repair, a car that will have no trade in or resale value, or worst of all, an injury to ourselves, our loved ones, or others involved in an accident that is caused by a brake system failure.

1. Call Chrysler at 18002479753 and register a complaint, document the date you called and have them provide you with what they call a Chrysler Complaint Number. File a seperate complaint for each time you have had repairs done and everytime going forward.

2. File a report with the NHTSA at safercar.gov - State your concerns about a brake failure and the possibility of injury or death. One or several us will probably need to die before they follow up on this but at least it will be documented, keep your NHTSA Complaint Number as well along with the date you made the complaint. File a seperate complaint for each time you have had repairs done and everytime going forward.

3. Contact a law firm that handles class action law suits for class members within your state. There already exists a suit for owners in NH and CA. All members need to be represented from all states.

I would not ask any of you to do this unless I have, it took less that a half hour to do all of this. Sooner or later the pile of complaints will become so large that they will be forced one way or another to resolve this problem.

Please do your part!!!

Dave

You make very good points and I think we definitely need to join up together and do this if we want to see something done about this brake issue.

I just recently received a letter from Chrysler stating that they will extend the warranty on the brakes and I had mine done once when I had like around 10 000 kms which is really crazy.

I will do all the things you mentioned above and file a complain about this nonsense with the brakes.I think when they repair the brakes the should not slap the same crappy ones again and install better brakes so the problem does not come back.

Good point. I received the letter and don't agree with their temporary solution.

And while we're at it, how about a class action for the 19" tires they supply but you can't get stock if you run into problems.

I never received any letter, hhhmmmmm, have to check into that. I had to buy 4 new tires (17" or 18" rims, can't remember now) as they don't have snow tires for the 19" rims. I had NO clue the car had 19" tires on it when I bought it.....and I'm still trying to get rid of those rims.

I never received any letter, hhhmmmmm, have to check into that. I had to buy 4 new tires (17" or 18" rims, can't remember now) as they don't have snow tires for the 19" rims. I had NO clue the car had 19" tires on it when I bought it.....and I'm still trying to get rid of those rims.

we brought a 2010 journey almost a year ago and have had to get 4 sets of brakes and rotors put on and i dont agree with the letter either. what are we suppose to do when that warranty is up? i cant afford to pay for new brakes and rotors every 3 -5 thousand miles. our family drives ALOT we have put 24,000 miles on it already.