Dodge dealership in Garden City, MI

mkcarter

Went to the dealership Dec. 31 because the airbag light was on and it needed an oil change. They came in and said the rear brakes needed to be done because they were bad. I didn't get them done at the time(which I am thankful for) first because I didn't have the money, secondly because that seemed to be what they were selling to everyone in the lounge that day, and thirdly I had just had the brakes on all four replaced back in Nov. of 2009 because of the bad brakes they put on the Journey's in the first place. I am so glad I didn't have them do the work because I took my car in yesterday to Belle Tire who did the original replacement of the brakes on the Journey back in Nov of 2009 and they said the brakes are just fine with lots of mileage left on all of them. Needless to say I will never go back to that dealership. Dodge will be lucky if I go to any of their dealerships from now on. Don't get me wrong I still love my Journey despite the problems with intermittent warning lights coming on and not meaning anything and the fact that I had to replace the brakes after only 17,000 miles. Just wanted to warn other Journey drivers that you shouldn't trust everything the dealership service people tell you or get a second opinion from somewhere else first. I trusted the dealership I originally bought my Journey from and they were great with it and with me. But Dodge stopped that dealership and now I am worried about going to another dealership that just got reinstated down the road from me. :unsure: