Transmision is gone

dodgedownunder

Well after 5089 km's and less than 4 months the trany has sh@t itself , the dealer just rang me and said the clutch assembly has collapsed . i have to say the service has been awsome , had the car towed to dealer at no expence to me at 10am and at 3pm they rang me to say they will be putting a new transmision in the car and that there is a car here for me to take home while they wait for the new tranny to arrive and be fitted, now what concernes me is its my wifes car and she is gentle on it , so what happens when warranty runs out and why did this happen to begin with , i have 22 inch wheels on it and it was funny when the service manager said to me quote" I don't think it was the wheels " I laughed at him and said mate i see 22 inch wheels on plenty of cars and ive never herd of a 22 inch wheel causing a tranny to break and if it was the reason then i want my money back cause it must be a piece of junk box , he then changed his tune when he realised i know a little about cars. i will let you know more when it becomes available , but so far chrysler ,dodge australia have been good and very quick with service and i will applaude them for that.

cheers chris

Well after 5089 km's and less than 4 months the trany has sh@t itself , the dealer just rang me and said the clutch assembly has collapsed . i have to say the service has been awsome , had the car towed to dealer at no expence to me at 10am and at 3pm they rang me to say they will be putting a new transmision in the car and that there is a car here for me to take home while they wait for the new tranny to arrive and be fitted, now what concernes me is its my wifes car and she is gentle on it , so what happens when warranty runs out and why did this happen to begin with , i have 22 inch wheels on it and it was funny when the service manager said to me quote" I don't think it was the wheels " I laughed at him and said mate i see 22 inch wheels on plenty of cars and ive never herd of a 22 inch wheel causing a tranny to break and if it was the reason then i want my money back cause it must be a piece of junk box , he then changed his tune when he realised i know a little about cars. i will let you know more when it becomes available , but so far chrysler ,dodge australia have been good and very quick with service and i will applaude them for that.

cheers chris

I have a 2010 SXT with stock wheels and tires and my tranny began making a whining noise at 4000 mi. took it to the dealer and after they tore it down it was decided to replace with a new transmission...

no cost to me and no questions asked...took about a week ... haven't any problems since...

There was a newly released TSB about the incorrect shimming in the final drive gear. When you get one of these trans, it usually fails in less than 20k km. When it is fixed, you should be problem free.

The Journey will be fine with drive train problem. just don't mix and match tires when you have a AWD model.