Snow trip....hopefully!?!

piersonj1

I live in northern california and really have no need for winter tires but I really want to take my kids up to the snow next week and found in my manual that I shouldn't use chains or cables on my '09 Journey R/T. I am not sure what to do now because I don't want to go out and spend $1000 just to go up to Nevada for the weekend. Any suggestions??? Any other time I've gone to the snow I just threw some chains on my Honda and went, I didn't realize that would be a problem with this car.

Thanks,

JP

I wouldn't be too concerned. I have a '10 R/T AWD and I am using the stock tires.

I work in northwestern Ontario Canada and have been dealing with over a foot of snow since Nov 22nd. The Journey is very surefooted in the snow, just make sure to leave some extra distance between you and other vehicles and slow down if the conditions warrant it.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't be too concerned. I have a '10 R/T AWD and I am using the stock tires. I work in northwestern Ontario Canada and have been dealing with over a foot of snow since Nov 22nd. The Journey is very surefooted in the snow, just make sure to leave some extra distance between you and other vehicles and slow down if the conditions warrant it.

I agree, I live in Saskatchewan, Canada which is west of Deckster and we are having a record snowfall this year and the stock Tires on my 2010 White Journey R/T work really well. Just my thoughts others may differ.

Terry