Rebuilding Database

I tried to import my usual MP3 songs via the same USB stick I've been using to import songs, but the radio kept on restarting after a few minutes of importing.

Finally after 3 attempts, I got a message that it will rebuild the database. It finishes rebuilding then I try to import, but same rebuild database message.

After the second rebuild I then got the message that rebuilding failed and to refer the issue to the dealer. The radio then goes back to normal operation.

I also called my nearest dealer about the issue, but they haven't heard about it. Told me they will remove the radio and send it in. Will take awhile without a radio and obviously a Nav screen. That sucks that dealers aren't equipped to rebuild the radio themselves.

So I just decide to delete all my existing imported songs from the hard drive in case this might fix any database problems.

Anyone experience similar issues with the radio?

Do you know how to reset the radio and have it rebuild itself?

Thanks in advance.

There is an Engineering Mode / Menu for previous MyGig radio models - Press MENU + SEEK UP + SEEK DOWN buttons at the same time. This supposedly takes you to the engineering menu. However, I tried it and it doesn't work for the REU model head unit.

Anyone knows how to get inside the Engineering Menu for the REU?