A possible phone module problem???

A '13 rt phone is paired ,but sometimes slow or will not connect. When it does the mic and speaker do not work, only when speaking/listening to the phone. ALL other functions are working properly AND it stopped bucking/stalling

Background info....Just replaced the RE2 radio module in a "clutch desperation" to stop vehicle from bucking{like someone turned the key off and back on} and STALLING at times. When I got the original radio module out, you could see the tacky remnants of spilled coffee all over the top and sides of the unit. I did not bother to open up the case.just got another from my friend. WAS plug and play{no radio code needed}unit was from an '11 that did not have phone. The phone of the original was showing connecting problems the same, but would activate the mic/speaker when making a call.

It's the WIFE'S ride and phone and I don't use a cell phone, so this is kind of out of my league. ANY help/suggestions would be well received.

Side note....Our '11 plain Janer had bad radio module that kept the dash lit up, so my thought was a reverse situation of radio module for "bucking"/stall. Sometime just sitting idling it would shut right off like someone pressed the start/ stop button.