I am trying to find a DVD player to install overhead or in the headrests of my 2010 Dodge Journey SXT. I would like to find one that is @ a reasonable price. I have contacted my dealership and the cost they are giving me is anywhere from 1500.00 to 2000.00. I have a touchscreen radio/satellite radio that is DVD compattible and I have rear AC/Heat/Fan controls overhead in the back too does that make a difference when I am ordering one?? Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can order one and how complex it is to install one??

I am trying to find a DVD player to install overhead or in the headrests of my 2010 Dodge Journey SXT. I would like to find one that is @ a reasonable price. I have contacted my dealership and the cost they are giving me is anywhere from 1500.00 to 2000.00. I have a touchscreen radio/satellite radio that is DVD compattible and I have rear AC/Heat/Fan controls overhead in the back too does that make a difference when I am ordering one?? Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can order one and how complex it is to install one??

If you go to best buy or someplace like that, it should run you about $700 installed (depending on what screen size you choose). I had one installed in my wifes car. it is not a journey, but the price was a standard install for any car. She has rear climate controls in her ceilling too.

It is funny that you post this because my wife and I are having the same problem RIGHT NOW!!! We have the same package and the headrest install is out of the question unless you want to spend the big bucks on the headrest DVD system with the ACTIVE HEAD RESTRAINT system in them. I have done some checking on the subject and they can be bypassed with a resistor to "trick" the computer into thinking they are still there. We decided against that for fear of insurance problems when disabling a safety feature of the vehicle. The other option is a flip down in the middle of the ceiling. That is difficult as well because you then have to worry about the rear HVAC controls in the ceiling. Also, ours is equipped with a sunroof and there is nothing to mount the screen to up there. Mopar does sell a kit that comes with a special bracket to put up there to mount the system to but that is around 1400 bucks and it ony comes with a screen that runs off of the factory DVD player in the dash. I hope this helps and if you come up with any other options let me know!!! I really want this install to happen on ours. I will let you know likewise.

Hi,

I have a journey SXT since 20 days, and this week end I have installed a ceiling 10 inch monitor and I have connected to my 6dvd standard radio that haven't the display but have the video out... 90euro for the monitor, and the instruction to dismount the ceiling from mopar site... and 5 hours of work by myself.

If you need more info askme, I do not know if I can write here the name of the site where I bought the monitor...

Ciao

Raffaele from Italy

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a journey SXT since 20 days, and this week end I have installed a ceiling 10 inch monitor and I have connected to my 6dvd standard radio that haven't the display but have the video out... 90euro for the monitor, and the instruction to dismount the ceiling from mopar site... and 5 hours of work by myself.

If you need more info askme, I do not know if I can write here the name of the site where I bought the monitor...

Ciao

Raffaele from Italy

do you have a link for the directions to remove the ceiling panels.. i am trying to install a 10 inch and can't find the directions and dont want to break anything..