Raining Washington Girl Worried About Snow!

twobugs

Greetings from Western Washington! I've had my Journey for a year now, and my family LOVES it!!! The only problem with it...we were stupid and did not buy one that was AWD...it is a SXT and it is two-wheel drive. Normally, that wouldn't be that big of an issue, however, we do live on top of a giant hill, so when it does ever snow, it is a mess. I've always driven Jeeps before and we've never had a problem, in 4WD, getting up or down the hill. Last year, no snow. This year, we anticipate a much harder winter.

So my question is...if I have 19" tires (stock), WHAT SHOULD I DO? Last year we were told we couldn't get chains because they wouldn't clear, and that studded tires were not made for the Journey. We really are worried, as I surely do not want to put my two little boys in danger driving in snow when my car can't handle it!

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might be a little late since we've already had bad weather, but...I live in Eastern WA and have the AWD with 19" wheels. I ended up going down to a 17" wheel with an all terrain tire when I needed to replace the original 19s. You could size down to a 17" wheel and use a studded tire or chains more easily. This was the best solution I could come up with because 19" snow tires are horribly expensive. Also 17" replacement tires are much cheaper than 19s.