rear brake problems

whenty

we have a 2010 journey with 18000 miles ,the left rear brake is dragging.I took the caliper off and made sure the pads could move freely and I couldn't move the caliper piston.I took the car to the local dodge dealer for warranty repair.They called me and said that the pads we stuck and the caliper was fine and wanted to charge me 240 for new pads and turn rotor.I told them to put it back together.They charged me 39.00 for brake inspection.after reading forums about the journeys brake problems I'm not sure if I should take it to another dealer or just repair it myself.

Do it yourself. If the caliper is fine, buy some new pads (if you need some) and switch them out. If the pads are worn, I would just change both sides (left and right side). Inspect the rotor and see if it needs to be turned. Since you can see it, you would have to judge it.

The rest of this does not matter much but......

That was not covered under warrenty? Even if they were not sure it was a warrenty issue, how can they charge you for making sure it was not a warrenty issue? You thought something was wrong with the caliper (warrenty issue) and they determined it was not. That should have been the end of it. If the car is under warrenty, they should not charge you to look at anything.

Just a thought.