Journey Tires

journeyb

Hi All,

Soon to be new Dodge Journey Owner, well the wife anyway LOL; just looking at tires and the lack of choice on the 19" stock rims i was wondering if anyone has placed another size 19" on their Journeys. the closest i quickly found were 225/45R19 (compared to the 225/55r/19)

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!!

Actually found some blizzaks 235/55r/19; thinking less then 1% difference in speedo etc. Any comments on going to these tires for winter? I'M thinking the journey could support this tire, its fairly close in size

Yep, I have installed these 235/55R-19" Blizzaks on my Journey @ 3 weeks ago. They fit fine.

I also responded to another post at a different section of this site.

See "Dodge Journey Fourm> Dodge Journey: Exterior> Wheels & Tires> What is everyone doing for Winter rims/tires?"

There, I have pictures of the Blizzaks installed.

Great to here! If you don't mind what did a set of four cost you?

This is a company vehicle in Eastern Canada, so I don't have an exact figure. Our fleet managment company in Ontario assured me that with their corporate national account with Bridgestone, that the price would not exceed $1100.00 CND for just the 4x tires.

However...installation, valve stem, balance, enviro-recycling fees, etc were are all extra.

I compared that to a $1500+ estimate for new 17" steel rims, new TPS sensors, and 17" winter tires.

For a 2 year lease vehicle, the 19" Blizzaks were the best option.

• 1 month later...

This is a company vehicle in Eastern Canada, so I don't have an exact figure. Our fleet managment company in Ontario assured me that with their corporate national account with Bridgestone, that the price would not exceed $1100.00 CND for just the 4x tires.

However...installation, valve stem, balance, enviro-recycling fees, etc were are all extra.

I compared that to a $1500+ estimate for new 17" steel rims, new TPS sensors, and 17" winter tires.

For a 2 year lease vehicle, the 19" Blizzaks were the best option.

How many miles are these tires good for?