Paint Peeling

Tearsh

Is anyone else having issues with the paint peeling from the back of your side mirrors. My 2009 Journey has three spots on the left and one on the right side. Just wondering if it may be an issue that the warranty may take care of or should I just cover them in chrome. (it's inferno red)

When you say "back", you mean the area facing the front of the car? It is most likely from small rocks (and bugs) hitting that area when you drive. In the long run, it seems to happen to all cars with painted/color plastic side mirrors. At any rate, take it to the dealer and see what they say. They might fix it or they might claim what I said and not fix it. If they don't, I believe you can get the chorme or red covers off ebay for decent price. I can say from experience that touch up painting that area does not really work. It will look like someone took some finger nail polish and put spots on your car. Over time, those touched up spots will fade at a different rate than the original paint on your car.

• 2 weeks later...

yes the area facing the front of the car, just going to go ahead and put chrome covers on it and hopefully those won't peel especially for the price from the dealer - would hate to do anything to void the warranty

When you say "back", you mean the area facing the front of the car? It is most likely from small rocks (and bugs) hitting that area when you drive. In the long run, it seems to happen to all cars with painted/color plastic side mirrors. At any rate, take it to the dealer and see what they say. They might fix it or they might claim what I said and not fix it. If they don't, I believe you can get the chorme or red covers off ebay for decent price. I can say from experience that touch up painting that area does not really work. It will look like someone took some finger nail polish and put spots on your car. Over time, those touched up spots will fade at a different rate than the original paint on your car.