Dodge pulling out of UK

Tiptronic

News from Allpar/Autocar---Dodge is preparing to pull out of the UK Market. The Avenger, Caliber & Nitro are long gone & once the current stock of Journeys are sold Dodge will no longer be available in UK. They blame poor, sluggish sales & lack of interest by the UK buying public . We have a vast choice of makes & Doge never caught on over here. Plus Doge was always on a loser due to an Abysmal advertising campaign.

Its a shame really , but Dodge cars were priced way to high , over here, for their build quality. The mechanicals are OK , but Brits just dont go for hard edged , cheap plastic interiors.

Jeep & Chrysler will continue , with the New Range of Chrysler/FIAT model.

Dodge spares & service will remain for many years to come!!

Yep Discoman---Its been on the cards for some time. Google in " Dodge to pull out of UK" or buy a copy of Autocar. Having owned a Dodge Caliber--Jeep Patriot & now a Dodge Avenger , & being UK myself I keep myself Informed. I'm an ex-Skoda Superb owner & mrs still has a Fabia. This news wouldnt stop me buying a Journey , so in the next few months I may start having a look round for a GOOD deal. I am also considering a used Mazda 5 MPV........... Dont forget Dodges now will start losing money Big Time....obsolete cars are not worth a lot. My Avenger was never worth a lot ..£9.500 used , but its lost about £2000 in 6 months.......Cheers ...Pete

• 2 weeks later...

News from Allpar/Autocar---Dodge is preparing to pull out of the UK Market. The Avenger, Caliber & Nitro are long gone & once the current stock of Journeys are sold Dodge will no longer be available in UK. They blame poor, sluggish sales & lack of interest by the UK buying public . We have a vast choice of makes & Doge never caught on over here. Plus Doge was always on a loser due to an Abysmal advertising campaign.

Its a shame really , but Dodge cars were priced way to high , over here, for their build quality. The mechanicals are OK , but Brits just dont go for hard edged , cheap plastic interiors.

Jeep & Chrysler will continue , with the New Range of Chrysler/FIAT model.

Dodge spares & service will remain for many years to come!!

You sure it's not that UK asked dodge to leave? I have a dodge journey and it is a piece of junk (junk, to keep it clean). i wish I would have written a journal on my journey, it has been a journey to H and back. Good bye!

• 2 months later...