bent hub

I have an 09 SXT Journey with 35K miles. I was traveling cross country for the 4th time. So far all i have had to do is routine oil changes and I upgraded to a K&N air filter. Also 3 months ago I replaced the front brake pads and had the rotors turned. Normal wear and tear. The majority of the trip was smooth sailing until i drove through road construction.

After 22 miles of rough pavement and uneven surfaces traveling 55mph, the front pass. wheel was making a little noise. I pulled over to check, and with the wheel off the hub/caliper/pads/rotor all looked fine. I continued driving and the rubbing noise continued to amplify. I noticed if i applied the brakes the steering wheen would shudder some but the noise would quiet down. I figured i had a warped rotor. I finally pulled over at a dealer and had the Journey inspected. Apparently it was the hub, luckily not the bearings or axle. I also have the 36K warrenty, still active, Dodge wouldn't cover the hub. Shelled out the 400 bucks and i was on my way. Just my luck...

They got it fixed in a day and I was back on the road smooth sailing.