iPod Intergration - Help me understand

Hi All,

I am blazing away with my second post :dance: again thank you for all on here for such a great resource!

I am trying to understand what audio setup I need to get ipod integration in my new Journey? I currently have an 09 SXT with what I assume is the std audio set up. I use the aux jack on the unit for my ipod/iphone but in my new one (new '10 SXT) I would like to get the glove box set up so I can control ipod in car (rather than on the ipod as I do now).

My question is do I need the upgraded 'safe and sound package' as it is called he in Ontario with the touch screen...mygig I guess. Or are there other options? One dealer I talked to said I could be ipod integration without mygig but I don't understand how the data (mp3s, podcasts etc) would be read or navigated then....

Seems to me if I can get the ipod integration without the need for mygig that would work just fine

Any help, feedback from existing owners or those that know would be greatly appreciated.

You need convenience group II to get the ipod control, works quite well apart from i need to pick up an adapter to allow charging, i followed a link from below to find the issue the apple store sells this.. http://store.apple.com/ca/product/TS696LL/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPhone 3G

Convenience Group II gives you..

Adjustable Roof Rail Crossbars

Cargo Compartment Cover

Driver/Passenger Lower LED Lamps

UConnect Phone w/Voice Command.................Should be standard as its a legal require ment to be hands free today.

iPod ® Control...............................................works well with tmy non Nav myGig Radio: Media Centre 430 CD/DVD/HDD, just needing the above charging adapter

Rearview Auto Dim Mirror w/Microphone