Ordered a Black RT

warbird24

Hey folks.

Newb here.

Wife and I have been trying to figure out what to replace her car with now for the last 4 years.

Never settled on any one vehicle. Looked at Hyundais, Kia's Chevys.....Even a new Jeep.

Stopped at a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer to look at a new Grand Cherokee Jeep. Could not believe how

much they have gone up in price.

Looked down the line at all the other cars they had and found the Journeys. Nice looking vehicle. The more

we looked it over the better we liked it. Took a test drive in a SXT with 17 inchers. It was an okay drive but I

wanted to see an RT. Only two RT's in the area and one was "SOLD" so we could not drive it. Went to another

dealer and Test Drove a nearly fully loaded RT with AWD. Suspension was much better and the feel in the ride was

better also.

Went back to the first Dealer and talked with them on price and options. Decided on a 2010 Journey RT, FWD, Brilliant Black,

Slate Leather, Family Seating and Flexible Seating, Sunroof, Trailer Prep.

We are both pretty up on the purchase. It's our first ordered vehicle in 35 years of marriage so it's special to us.

We love some of the features of this vehicle. Its NOT a Minivan, but has some of the neat stuff that new Minivans have.

Wish us luck!

Things seem to be progressing well. The dealer gave us our VIN and VON numbers the other day.

They also called today and said that our Journey is scheduled to get built in June. I called the 1-800

number and they said that it is in build status and should be complete on the 8th of June. Not sure

who is correct but it sure would be nice to have it by the end of June.

Needless to say, my wife and I are very excited about this new vehicle.

I used the Dodge Customer Service Center Number which is 1-800-423-6343. The needed my VIN and my VON Numbers.

The also had some OLD Info when we bought our last car so I also updated that information, Pretty cool deal.

I just want to keep track of things.

No updates yet. May hear from the dealer today. Holidays always seem to set things back a bit.

I'm working a LONG day so I won't get the chance to call and get an update. Hoping the schedule

was moved up, but I know all good things take time.

Looking at some upgrade pieces like the floor mats and maybe some trim pieces.

Ship Date is set for the 16th of June which means the Journey will be sitting for a few days before it gets shipped out.

Build date is supposed to be the 8th. I wonder if the factory puts any protective coating on the top before it goes into the holding

area? I've never seen a Journey right off the truck so I don't know. They also said it could be up to 30 days after the build date

before we might see it.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update.

Things seemed to get a little hazy the last few weeks. Went to the dealer today to find out what was going on.

Found out the R/T has been shipped and is on a railcar in Ohio. It needs to get to Buffalo NY and then get trucked

to our area. It could be here for the weekend, but I won't hold my breath.

Stopped off at another dealer and saw another SXT Journey. As much as I like them, the R/T will work out better

for us. If we had seen this vehicle first (SXT), we might not have ordered.

So...keeping my fingers crossed.

Chris

Little Update....Can't sleep much. So much hoping to have this Journey for the weekend. Thinking about ordering

some floormats for it today so I can have them covered ASAP. My Wife is taking this Journey for it's first Journey

hopefully in a week or two. I have a full set of instructions for her on how to break it in. I hope she follows them!

Ordered some Weathertech Floor mats for the 1st and 2nd rows the other day. I'll probably get these before the darn car

gets here. I KNOW the Journey has been sitting in the holding area in Buffalo since last week. Here it is Tuesday and it is still

sitting there. Not happy at all right now. This is not a Chrysler problem it's a Rail yard and Trucking Problem. Still, this is

out of my control, but I would like to see it this week.

UPDATE

Should be at the dealership this afternoon. Delivery for tomorrow night after work. Called McNiel and the floor mats should be here

by the weekend also. Wife is doing a breakin trip this weekend so I won't be able to pretty it up and get pics till next week.

Well...

We picked it up tonight. So neat seeing my Wife's name on the Sticker!

Found a scratch, Very Light on the rear door. Lousy detail and prep job but I am overly

ANAL when it comes to this. Already buffed and polished the scratch out. No Problem.

Trailer Prep Harness was found under the back where it belonged. Pretty extensive piece.

iPod cable was in the glove box. Was able to hook up and play with no problem.

DVD does play and has incredible sound. Does go off as soon as I put it in gear.

Rear View Camera works great. Backed into a tight parking space and it really did help.

The drive home was very VERY nice. Quiet, smooth and handling for a vehicle this weight was okay.

I would want a firmer sway bars, but it'll be okay for the most part.

No flaws noted in the interior. LOVE the way the R/T center stack looks as compared with the SXT. The R/T is much

more classy, more refined. No squeeks, rattles or loose parts found.

My wife will be taking a trip to Ohio this weekend with her daughter, son in law and two grandkids with gear. Should be no problem.

Hoping the floor mats will be in before she leaves.

Vehicle 10/10

Delivery Prep 4/10

Dealer Over all 8/10

Satisfaction 9/10