Rim and Tire question

So, I found some black rim I like for my 2010 Journey (will be posting pictures soon, once I have all parts installed and badges on - yes, I am installing some performance parts, mainly for better MPG). I am never been into Rims/Tires so much and want to see if this combo will work on the 2010 Journey.

RIM:

# Size: 18x8

# Offset: 42mm

# Backspacing: "

# Bolt Pattern: 5-127

# Rec. Tire Size: 225/60-18

Tires: (snow tires)

#Size 225/60R18

I believe the tires fit the rims, but how will the 42mm offset affect the Journey with its offset being 35mm? Will these rims even fit?

So, I found some black rim I like for my 2010 Journey (will be posting pictures soon, once I have all parts installed and badges on - yes, I am installing some performance parts, mainly for better MPG). I am never been into Rims/Tires so much and want to see if this combo will work on the 2010 Journey.

RIM:

# Size: 18x8

# Offset: 42mm

# Backspacing: "

# Bolt Pattern: 5-127

# Rec. Tire Size: 225/60-18

Tires: (snow tires)

#Size 225/60R18

I believe the tires fit the rims, but how will the 42mm offset affect the Journey with its offset being 35mm? Will these rims even fit?

You may want to call the dealer. When I bought my rims the stock wheel offset was nowhere on the internet (nowhere that was official info). I called the dealer, and if I remember right, the offset was 40mm. It has been awhile, but I thought the lower offset number means the wheel will stick out XX mm more and the higher offset means the wheel will go in to the wheel well XX mm more. I bring up the whole offset thing because if the factory rims offset is 35, your rims MIGHT look funny going 7mm deeper into the wheel well, and yes, you will notice the 7mm difference (I notice my 5mm difference). If the offset is 40mm, a 2mm difference will not be a big deal.

Either way, your rims should fit. The question is how will they look. Where did you find your black rims?

You may want to call the dealer. When I bought my rims the stock wheel offset was nowhere on the internet (nowhere that was official info). I called the dealer, and if I remember right, the offset was 40mm. It has been awhile, but I thought the lower offset number means the wheel will stick out XX mm more and the higher offset means the wheel will go in to the wheel well XX mm more. I bring up the whole offset thing because if the factory rims offset is 35, your rims MIGHT look funny going 7mm deeper into the wheel well, and yes, you will notice the 7mm difference (I notice my 5mm difference). If the offset is 40mm, a 2mm difference will not be a big deal.

Either way, your rims should fit. The question is how will they look. Where did you find your black rims?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=KM65088054342B&wheelMake=KMC&wheelModel=Slide&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Journey&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=SXT+FWD&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

Those are them, the KMC Slide Black, I found them cheaper else where, but that's a quick link I had to them, love how they look.